Real World Heathrow/Gatwick Mod

Hi

After playing with the Heathrow/Gatwick Approach sectors i found that the sim was sometimes handing me Flights on STARS that are not used much , eg the ones used when a VOR is out of action plus Stack swaping STARS ... so i had a play around with the Airport files from the Nav Data and deleted the non needed ones so im now left with more realistic Heathrow and Gatwick sessions , the Stack Swap STARS eg BIG3D at Heathrow were a right pain with Flights Spawning up over LAM VOR at FL80 while i had Flights near LAM desending into the Stack ... heres a quick pick of my finished EGLL file

Image2_zps609347c8.jpg

I wish i could get rid of that dark blue sector lines , would like them the same colour ..(.ie light blue) ..as the other lines .

Thanks

Rich

I tried to upload some new sound files but it says im unable to upload .... i have changed the New Arrival and new Depature sounds with the sound of a flight strip going into its holder plus the Caution sound now has a warning alert not a voice alert .

Rich

I have asked over at the Navigraph forum if i can upload the files here but ive not heard any thing yet so i will just give a rundown on which SIDs and STARs to delete ...

HEATHROW STARS

Delete any ref to WEALD ,BOVVA,TOMMO,TAWNY as these STARS are only used when VORs are out of action

Delete the stack swap STARS... BIG1E ....BIG3D...BIG1G...BNN1E...BNN1D...OCK1D...OCK1H

HEATHROW SIDS

can Delete the MAY SIDS as these are not used much , used to be used for Gatwick inbounds but they route via MID now

GATWICK STARS

Delete any ref to ASTRA and LUMBA for the same reason as per Heathrow

Delete the Stack swap STARs..TIMBA1D ..TIMBA1C

GATWICK SIDS

Delete ref to.. BIG....TIGER.... DAGGA ...WIZAD

The BIG SID is used for flights to Heathrow / Northolt only so not needed .. the TIGER.... DAGGA ...WIZAD SIDs are not used much as they are used when there is Congestion in the London TMA

Rich

• 1 month later...

Archived