how to set the DHC-6 to load with EGT off?

Akila

how do I set the DHC-6 to load with Engines off off when O load the plane?

I want this to be my default configuration when I load the plane into the SIM.

When you load up the Otter if the hit --shift+ 2 -go to the confiq page where you see the 2 ice gauges--- in the center of the page you'll see DEFAULT Start up Situation-the cold and dark and the ready to go situation in red ,now just put an X with your mouse in the brackets for the "cold and dark" if that's what you want and the ol' girl will start up in the sim like this every time -cold and dark . You can also check the doors if you want them open. Keep that ice gauge page handy cause you'll need it real quik in bad weather if she starts to freeze up. Cause when you crash and burn up a few times you'll get the drift of how this thing works real quik.

I don't want to start in Cold and Dark state,that will be a pain. I want only only in Engines off state, that all I need to do is the "Before start up Checklist" thing.

the same we have with PMDG (Short state) and with some other planes.

The reason/motive behind this for me is because i can't call GSX services if the Engines are runing.

it is really a pain every time I load the SIM to shut off the engines , for GSX then starting the Engines for flying.

I want it to start with EGT in off state. That way I can call GSX services, do what I do, before start-up checklist, push back/EGT start and fly.

If I save the flight it will save also my location.

How do I load the state without it loading the location I were at the time when I saved the flight (the airport)?

Umm ok I see what you mean and I know what you are saying for the PMDG set up's . Well then like Finn says, shut everything off and set all the switches exactly like you want them and save that flight, but the location you are at will be saved also so I don't know about that part .

Then there are no other options.

I doubt that many pilots will find Their Twin Otter in that state.

Another option is to load it Cold & Dark and then rightclick thorugh the checklist until You reach the desired config- that doesn´t takemuch time.

Finn

Then there are no other options.

I doubt that many pilots will find Their Twin Otter in that state.

Another option is to load it Cold & Dark and then rightclick thorugh the checklist until You reach the desired config- that doesn´t takemuch time.

Finn

it is actually a very common state, mainly on routes which have stop overs on the way to pickup and disembark passengers onto the next location (like a bus route).

In many cases they also switch Pilots at those stop overs.

they always turn off their engines for safety reasons, but they don't go into cold and dark state as they will be leaving soon.

this is more common in Southe-East Asia (I been on those kind of flight in real life all the time during my period I was there).

Lukla, is a good example. once the plane lands at Lukla, it will not park there at Lukla more then 15 Min' after landing but yet his engines are off for loading new passengers.

Once loaded, off he goes. he doesn't go into Cold & Dark stage in between as it will be a waist of time for no reason.

but the Engines must be off for safety (passengers, ground crew, etc.)

Finn

I'll give it a shot, but please consider adding in the product an Engine off state in addition to Cold & Dark.

I don't think this is a major change to the code, but you will know better, it is only my gut feeling.

While I get Your point, it´s not something that will be added.

It´s the first and only request we got for that feature for an allready featurerich addon.

I would still argue that the solution with saving the situation should be Ok for the situation You describe.

You fly a session from Katmandu to Lukla, shuts down the engines, but don´t want to fly FSX, but You still want to be able to pick up the flight in another session, so therefore You can save it.

Next day You start a new session, loads the saved flight and will find the Twin Otter with engines not running. From there You can now continue.

If You want to start from another airport, simply load that flight, select another airport and hange time of day to Your liking - voila.

I know that this is not the solution You really wanted, but at some point we simply need to draw a line.

Finn

Archived