Can not get engines to start

idahosurge

When I start FSX with the Bronco the engines start by themselves so that is not the problem.

The problem is when after I land sometimes I pull one of the conditioning levers so far back the engine shuts off and I can never get that engine to restart. After numerous attemps and spending 10 to 15 minutes trying to get the engine to start I just exit from FSX.

To get the engine to start I follow all the directions on Page 8 of the manual but nothing works. Following the directions the engine will usually crank (prop spins and sounds like it is starting) once, but will not start all the way and the prop eventually stops. Repeated attemps after that will not even get the engine to crank.

Why will the engine not start and why will it only crank once? I try both the steps for props not feathered and props feathered.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but how do you know if the prop is feathered or not on the Bronco?

Try to watch this video:

I'm sorry, but it seems that Youtube has degraded the resolution (maybe if it´s not watched for a while)

Finn

Archived