Malaga for FSX - long overdue!

Ray Proudfoot

Back in 2005 approx. Aerosoft released Malaga (LEMG) for FS2004. Fast forward 9 years and despite FSX having been out for 7 years there has never been another release.

This seems inconceivable given Malaga is the 4th busiest airport in Spain. Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_Spain

Since FSX came out there have been releases of Madrid, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca and even Tenerife South even though that airport is 7th busiest.

A new runway and extra terminal buildings were completed over 12 months ago so it's understandable if a project was delayed until that work was completed.

Can anyone advise if Malaga is being worked on please? I'm sure it would be very popular especially for those of us who visit the Costa del Sol.

What I don't understand and perhaps Mathijs could comment is this. Does Aerosoft initiate the design of new airports or simply act as a retailer? If the former then how do they decide what to commission next as I have never seen any polls about what users want.

If the latter then we could wait forever before someone decides to start work. I can't believe it wouldn't be popular with simmers.

If they do have some influence over what airports are commissioned perhaps they could comment. It's absolutely ridiculous that tiny airports like Kos or Faro are available but not the 4th largest airport in Spain.

Ray, I recommend you do a forum search and I am sure you will fine some pleasing and some not so pleasing information about Malaga ;)

Hi Emi,

I did as you suggest although a few supplied links would have been useful. This one suggests that airport access is difficult. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71759-simwings-english-forum/#entry513172 so future projects seem difficult, even unlikely.

Given that the UK probably has a far higher security level than a Spanish holiday airport I find it difficult to understand why it would be difficult for suitable people to gain access with a camera. Gary Summons has created London Heathrow and other UK airports for years with help from others. Why would the Spanish authorities make life so difficult?

I can't find any positive news apart from an AFCAD for the second runway. That helps but comes nowhere near to what people want.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sadly, like my of my countrymen I don't understand Spanish apart from "hola" or "dos San Miguel por favor". :embaressed_s:

Perhaps someone with the right skills could translate the instructions.

Most browsers offer you a translate option as soon as you come to a website which isn't your native language, firefox for one does that :)

Thanks. Translated the page and ran the installer. Whilst that part worked okay the configurator didn't. Here's the error message...

Version=1
EventType=PCA2
EventTime=130338314276923857
Consent=1
UploadTime=130338314276923857
ReportIdentifier=d8c131f1-79f4-11e3-bc50-74d02b7dadd9
Response.BucketTable=5
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Problem Signature 01
Sig[0].Value=SCX_aerodromos.exe
Sig[1].Name=Problem Signature 02
Sig[1].Value=2.0.0.0
Sig[2].Name=Problem Signature 03
Sig[2].Value=Aerodromos 2.0 Installation
Sig[3].Name=Problem Signature 04
Sig[3].Value=쟸ǵ
Sig[4].Name=Problem Signature 05
Sig[4].Value=AirHispania SCX
Sig[5].Name=Problem Signature 06
Sig[5].Value=1
Sig[6].Name=Problem Signature 07
Sig[6].Value=200
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=2057
State[0].Key=Transport.DoneStage1
State[0].Value=1
FriendlyEventName=Program compatibility problem
ConsentKey=PCA2
AppName=Aerodromos 2.0 Installation
AppPath=E:\Users\Proudfoot\Downloads\AirHispania_20121101151422\SCX_aerodromos.exe
ReportDescription=This program might not have installed correctly

I've added the entry to Scenery Library manually. Loaded up FSX and LEMG is certainly a big improvement over the default but the downside is no jetways are available. I'm not sure if it's worth it for me. Others may have a different view.

Tobias,

It's a good effort by an amateur. But with so many airports being created for FSX the omission of Malaga is something that needs to be addressed. I find it very hard to believe the authorities have made it difficult for designers to gain access to the airport when no such problems existed for Madrid, Barcelona, Palma and others in Spain.

An official response from Aerosoft would be appreciated. We're waiting to give you our money!

Tobias,

It's a good effort by an amateur. But with so many airports being created for FSX the omission of Malaga is something that needs to be addressed. I find it very hard to believe the authorities have made it difficult for designers to gain access to the airport when no such problems existed for Madrid, Barcelona, Palma and others in Spain.

An official response from Aerosoft would be appreciated. We're waiting to give you our money!

I totally agree :)

And I'm still no wiser as to initiates the design and release of new airports. Is it Aerosoft or just someone who designs the product and then offers it to Aerosoft to sell?

It's disappointing that no-one from Aerosoft has commented on this. There's clearly a market for Malaga. Someone is missing an opportunity.

Ollie,

I appreciate your updates but I am getting a bit annoyed at Aerosoft's attitude to this. Mathijs looks through these forums but for whatever reason this thread is just being ignored. I'm not happy!!

• Developer

Hi Ray,

there is a market for 1000th of airports in the world and you will find for each of them somebody, who define each of them as the most important with the biggest market ever.

As long as the list of the people, who are able and willing to develop Airports in the quality now requested by "market", is much smaller then the list of "important" airports someone needs, the list of "not yet done" airports will be long.

And the list will not been smaller, only because we will see 1000th of threads with questions for them here.

The parameters to increase the number of available airports are limited. You can be sure, that all people counting to the list of "able and willing to develop Airports" are working on one airport yet :)

Ray,

I told you that you should do a forum search and you will find the official answers about this topic.

Despite those answers there is nothing we can say at the moment. What else do you want?

Hi Ray,

there is a market for 1000th of airports in the world and you will find for each of them somebody, who define each of them as the most important with the biggest market ever.

As long as the list of the people, who are able and willing to develop Airports in the quality now requested by "market", is much smaller then the list of "important" airports someone needs, the list of "not yet done" airports will be long.

And the list will not been smaller, only because we will see 1000th of threads with questions for them here.

The parameters to increase the number of available airports are limited. You can be sure, that all people counting to the list of "able and willing to develop Airports" are working on one airport yet :)

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for replying. If I've understood you correctly you're saying that there are many requests from people wanting new airports but the number of people who have the skills to design them is very small.

Yes, I accept that. On the other hand, airports have been released for FSX which seem to me to have very limited appeal. Examples include Antalya, Turkey, Monastir, Tunisia and Kos, Greece. But Malaga, the 4th busiest airport in Spain,has still not been made available for whatever reason. We read that the authorities are allegedly making access difficult for possible designers and delays because of the new runway and extra buildings. But these threads are quite old and nothing has been posted in the last year.

I don't understand the logic of making Bilbao but ignoring Malaga which is by far a much busier airport.

But what I fail to understand is the process of deciding which airport will be developed next. No customer surveys are done. We aren't asked what we want next. If I was going to spend a lot of time and effort on a project I'd want to know if people were interested in buying it. Why isn't there such a process?

Ray,

I told you that you should do a forum search and you will find the official answers about this topic.

Despite those answers there is nothing we can say at the moment. What else do you want?

Emi,

I'd like to hear from someone at Aerosoft with firm information about whether Malaga is currently being developed for FSX. Telling me to read threads with no clear indication about current development doesn't help - sorry.

• Developer

I'd like to hear from someone at Aerosoft with firm information about whether Malaga is currently being developed for FSX. Telling me to read threads with no clear indication about current development doesn't help - sorry.

The reference to the Forum EMI gave you is the best reference you can get, because when you will see the Airport of Malaga from Aerosoft, then it will be from Simwings where you get the link of there Forum. Aerosoft is only the distributor here, not the developer. And the missing actual aerial photo of the airport is one of the reasons, why he is not on top of there todo list yet.

I don't understand the logic of making Bilbao but ignoring Malaga which is by far a much busier airport.

But what I fail to understand is the process of deciding which airport will be developed next. No customer surveys are done. We aren't asked what we want next. If I was going to spend a lot of time and effort on a project I'd want to know if people were interested in buying it. Why isn't there such a process?

The decision, which airport you make next, is not shuffled and has always reason, which maybe different from what you think is "normal". The possible market is one point and in some cases the most important, like to keep a best selling Mega Hub uptodate before you make a small (Malaga is small in this case, also in market) Airport.

But, when have to make a decision for a new project, like in case of Simwings for Canaries Airports, Malaga, Alicante, Valencia and so on, you have first to look, where you have the best sources. Here is an existing actual areal photo the base, before you don't need to think about the airport. Also photos and data of the airport itself are important to do the design, most of them you need to make yourself at the airport, which mean you need to travel there.

And here you see, that sometimes a "not for you important airport" is the best choice for the developer, because he has all he need for that one, so he can start the project.

And there are hundred of other things, which can be part of project selections.

And for the minor count of Airport Aerosoft develops with there own staff, will be selected the same way: Where we have the best data, photos and local access and help. Only in the second line, the "market" will be important.

If you have no data, the best market don't help you to make the product, it only helps you to get the money to start the next project or not ;)

And now I will go back to my work, so that I get forward to finish my product, which my market requests. :)

Hi Oliver,

EMI didn't give me any references. He just told me to search. Not terribly helpful. I searched for a SimWings forum but it closed 2 years ago and there's no replacement.

When you search for SimWings on Google it just brings up links to FS2004 New Spanish Airports. Those products are 10 years old! One of their more recent airports was London Heathrow but Gary Summons has already done that so why duplicate it? It strikes me that they're not very active in the FSX market.

I accept Malaga is not a Mega Airport but then neither is any of the 3 I mentioned earlier and those were done.

As you suggest it all seems to revolve around access to the airport and being able to take the right photographs. But as we already had a FS2004 Malaga that could have been used as a start.

Anyway, I've said what I needed to say so I shall just wait and hope Malaga comes out before I'm too old to fly. Thanks everyone.

• Developer

Here the link to the forum of Simwings, as posted by Oliver(olli4740) before:http://www.modelplant.eu/forumsimwings/phpBB3/index.php

Simwings will not duplicate the Airport, they only keep there at the sate of the time. Gary has done the airport for FS9 and FSX, Simwings had done it for FS9 and FSX. Now both developers keep there product actual, so as the market has requested it, nothing more. And even when there are two version of the same Airport existing, I think both have there market, because the world is not only the UK Market (even when the UK market may prefer Gary's Version, what is ok for all.)

The primary problem is, that the market (or that part if it, what we see here and elsewhere in the forum) always wan't more details, HD Techologie, every small change at the buildings needs to be implemented sasp and every highlight they have seen by there ego-shooters.

But to fullfill this "level" need's time. 10 years ago you can make Heathrow in 5-6 Month, now you need 12-14 and more, what did you expect: Time is a fix parameter, you can't get it, when it is not there.

Archived