A disappointed customer

I have to say I don't regret buying this software. I have fun playing on my own but I do regret having paid 30€ for, what seems to be unfinished software.

Some problems I am having

Aircraft @ EDDP are 100% NOT able to intercept an ILS approach, only visuals (I HATE this especially because EDDP is an Airport I would like to do ATC at)

EDIT: did not manage to reproduce the bug although the session I played had 20-30 aircraft, none of which were able to perform an ILS approach onto 26L or 26R

American Airlines 737-800 departing Düsseldorf (WHAT?!)

US Airways 737 out of Leipzig -.-

Air Berlin 737-900 -.-

The multiplayer mode is a pure joke. I tried Hamachi and Tunngle, of which only the latter worked and only for a few minutes. GATC kept failing to connect, canceling the connection or did not sync data properly. ABSOLUTELY unplayable. The multiplayer mode is one of your sales arguments, and the fact that this was done in such a poor way is truly a shame.

Poor performance, I enabled the FPS limiter, my CPU is not running at full capacity but it's still impossible to do fluid pans on the radar screen. Feels like 15 fps or so when I lock it at 20 or 30 fps.

GUI glitches when using Windows Classic Theme (checkboxes in the procedures tab not showing)

Font anti-aliasing not working in the full version (the font looked WAY better in the demo)

No indication of how high the terrain is. The terrain map is just pretty to look at.

Not being able to assign an exact procedure with mouse input (especially noticeable @ EDDF where you have N and S transitions for 25R and 25L respectively but with the mouse it'll only let me select the procedure for the south runway. Typing in the procedure name is too much hassle with 30-40 aircraft on the screen and long procedure names as it is the case at Frankfurt for example so that is not an option for me. One Idea would be to be able to assign a procedure by selecting it from the list for a specific aircraft instead of dragging the aircraft dot to a waypoint on the procedure)

Altitude selection with the mouse poorly done (instead of dragging the altitude I would like to select an altitude or FL from a list)

Disabling the "Play sounds" option does not stop current sounds from playing. Also the volume lever lowers the computers master volume and not the game sounds only which is annoying if you're on XP

No parallel approaches possible at airports where it is perfectly legal to do so e.g. EDDP or EDDM (the woman keeps shouting CAUTION CAUTION at me)

Rush hour cannot be saved. If opened up again it loads as a classic session (don't know if this is intended to be this way but I though it'd be worth mentioning)

No ability to re-order flightstrips

Sorry but it looks like you have never look through this forum sir.

Many real issues mentioned here by you are already known and being worked on. I feel that my support and pace of work is very good, not to say perfect.

Regarding MP - it is LAN only for a reason. I stated that it is possible to play with Hamachi but at the same time I stressed that this is not supported so please first read product page & manual and only then report issues.

Your personal taste and suggestions are very important to us but we simply cannot fulfill every wish.

Rush hour behaviour was intended and this is the way it works.

Oh, and for the terrain it is fact that we didn't describe what colors mean.

So full opaque red is for terrain higher than around 3000 ft above aerodrome. Other colors are exponential gradient from green & fully transparent at 0ft above aerodrome to red & full opaque at or more than 3000ft above aerodrome.

It is impossible to make something without any bugs. Developers are human and doing there best for us, and Aerosoft is really one of the best.

I would say have patience and give it some time.

this is a good product that will only get better, definitely worth the money and it will only get better provided we support and respect the developers

It's a pitty that this product not precisly you hoped for Lazaro.

A few things: i am playing together with my friend via Hamachi, it works like a charm for us. But yes we also have once in a while (approx 4 - 5 times in a hour) a failed to connect announcement but it never was a game stopper.

About the American Airlines XXX on several airports in Europe, it still can be a codeshared flight :) As i can't recall how many times i had 2 - 3 different flight numbers on my tail. Also the poor performance i did not experience myself but is ofcourse always possible.

The real time scheduler is not a need for me to entertain myself, that said, i have to admit that i am currently working on a new conversion tool that would make it possible to put nearly 70.000 real live flights into GATC. Don't get excited yet, there is still a long way to go :)

This are just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Peter

Archived