• Aerosoft

I have been reading a lot of nonsense about the fact that this product is now released as a gift to the community by Aerosoft because it would not have been legal to sell it. This is rubbish. Laminar has been ask if tweaked cloud shaders could be included in a payware product in October 2013, the reply from Austin Meyers was short (almost all of his emails are, lol). It read "oh yes that is fine".

So if anybody claims something else please tell him to stop telling nonsense. It's very tiresome that so many people seem to seek the controversy lately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

More and more companies will realize that Laminar is often more forthcoming and supportive than most others

If they ever can get past their own premonition of X-Plane

Tom, thanks for your downloads to x-plane. i have them all. don't ever stop.

I have been reading a lot of nonsense about the fact that this product is now released as a gift to the community by Aerosoft because it would not have been legal to sell it. This is rubbish. Laminar has been ask if tweaked cloud shaders could be included in a payware product in October 2013, the reply from Austin Meyers was short (almost all of his emails are, lol). It read "oh yes that is fine".

So if anybody claims something else please tell him to stop telling nonsense. It's very tiresome that so many people seem to seek the controversy lately.

and to all at aerosoft, keep up the good work.

Archived