What is Aerosoft Sky Tools Free?

• Aerosoft

Aerosoft Sky Tools Free (works on Windows, MAC and Linux) is a sky enhancement tool that allows the user to change the way the sky, clouds, sun and moon looks in X-Plane 10. It basically allows the user to tweak the sky to match the conditions. There is after all a big difference between the sky on a hot humid August day and a clear frosty January day.

Sky Tools was developed by AWG Simulations as a commercial product but we decided to buy the full rights from them and to send it out as a free gift to the X-Plane users. We have done the same for FSX products and it was time to do the same for X-Plane. After all, X-Plane is one finest products and we support that simulator with many add-ons.

post-43-0-28697500-1389164531_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-15675500-1389164486_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-99857400-1389164484_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-28928300-1389164483_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-66197200-1389164481_thumb.jpg

Hi Mathijs

would you please tell a little bit more about the "cloud themes" (what do they do, how do they work compared to default XP clouds?) and maybe post more pictures of them (overcast, cirrus, etc.)

That would help to decide about downloading or not.

Thanks for the gift anyway ;)

Flo

• Aerosoft

They work the same as default X-Plane, it's just a difference in colors, shapes etc that allow you to tweak the sky to a more appropriate look for the condition you are in.

I'll see if we can produce some images, but these comparisons are always hard in images. It needs the living sim to be really visible.

They work the same as default X-Plane, it's just a difference in colors, shapes etc that allow you to tweak the sky to a more appropriate look for the condition you are in.

I'll see if we can produce some images, but these comparisons are always hard in images. It needs the living sim to be really visible.

First of all thanks a lot for this wonderful 'gift'!

Before I instal though, I have a question : I just bought recently Skymaxx PRO from X-Aviation and I believe it is driven by a plugin replacing the default X-plane clouds (and it looks really great!).

Is your skytools going to work in these conditions or is it one or the other?

thanks

Jean-Francois

• Aerosoft

Before I instal though, I have a question : I just bought recently Skymaxx PRO from X-Aviation and I believe it is driven by a plugin replacing the default X-plane clouds (and it looks really great!).

thanks

Jean-Francois

I got no idea to be honest. As they cover the same type of enhancement there could be problems.

thanks

Jean-Francois

The two are not compatible.

That's right. SkyMaxx Pro and AS-Sky-Tools-Free don't run at the same time.

Our AS-Sky-Tools-Free changes some textures (like in SkyMaxx Pro) too. And SkyMaxx has some more additional features.

But:

you can use some textures from the AS-Sky-Tool-Free with SkyMaxx Pro if you own both tools.... It are the same sky-texture-file names.

See the manual from SkyMaxx Pro Page 3 "Modifying SkyMaxx Pro" and our manual "Sky Tool Free (eng).pdf".

Greets

Heinz

Many thanks for this wonderful free gift. It's rare to get something for free these days especially something as good as this. Keep up the good work. :excellenttext_s:

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if its normal that the intensity of dome lights down when the moon is full....or up in the sky...

I´ve noticed it in 1.10

Thanks

Confirmed, restored default xp and solved. Its due to sky themes...

Hello Pantagiga,

can you tell me your installations:

XP10.25?

What Sky Themes do you used? (Lights, Sky Color, Clouds.....).

Aircraft Addon?

So i can test it here and discussed it with the developer...

Greets

Heinz

Sure... It is XP10.25, SkyTheme that I tested was Austrian Aurora, Sweet Summer and HolidayBlue... Clouds were CL6, light was variant,

and aircraft addons were DC-9( free version at .org), AirbusNeo...

If you install the entire package except skythemes no problem. I´m going to test FF757 and CRJ200 but I think its going to be the same...

It looks like the moon shines so bright that aircraft thinks its daytime..

Awsome job, it´s awsome... one of the best addons for Xplane community.Thnaks for your help

Hello Pantagiga,

thank you...

unfortunately i don't have the AirbusNeo and the FF757 (may be if it is in our shop....).

I have checked with the CRJ-200 (JRollon) and the Dash 8 Q400 and it seems to be ok. Sky Theme Simplicity.

I think, some Sky Themes have a little "drastically" Moonlight Effect...

But i will send this issue to the developer....

Greets

Hey thanks for your help...

Please, if you are able try this one

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=21649

In a night like 11Feb you can see how dome lights turn off if you pass the time a little bit faster (Shift-L)

And runway lights olso decrease its intensity.... If I´m able I will make you a short video ASAP, showing you the rare effect...

Thanks again

Hello Pantagiga,

when the moon light comes up, than the city and airport lighting (apron, runway) looks weaker... In 1.10 we have this effect, thats true, but it is not unreal. May be it is a little bit "drastic".

The cockpit effect i will test with several aircrafts..... The DC 9 i have downloaded. Thank's for the link.

Greets Heinz

Hello Pantagiga,

in the meantime i have tested the cockpit domelight effect...

The domelight effect occurs with most sky themes, except "sharp shades".

I will check how to fix it....

Greets

Archived