SID Altitude control

Hi

With departures the initial altitude is set to 4000, are we to advise when the departure can climb and if so what altitude to assign as we don't know their expected cruise altitude, I would have assumed that they would climb independently but follow any SID altitude restrictions, my departure flies right to the end of the SID at 4000 feet, thanks

Wayne

The expected cruise altitude on this sim is the maximum altitude the plane can reach, as there are no flightplans, just generated flights. The initial altitude is the altitude the plane will climb to. You have to give another altitude to let it climb higher.

Rule of thumb is that a plane will never climb higher as the altitude you say is the limit (you cleared it up to). Even when a SID dictates a higher one, they will never fly above the cleared altitude, just like in reality. So please make sure you clear it to a higher level before it reaches a mountain....

My experience, but please correct me, that the restrictions of a SID are not followed, only the route.

Archived