Overlaying ADS-B Data

Hi All, excuse me for butting in here but I've read through just about most of what's been posted on the pre-release forum and this one to see if anyone had asked if real-time ADS-B data can be overlaid on the 'chart'/'radar'. Data could be as simple as TCP data from your ADS-B receiver in the form of:

MSG,3,111,11111,7C6C91,111111,2014/01/04,20:04:32.725,2014/01/04,20:04:32.725,,32400,,,-39.76758,174.80859,,,0,0,0,0

The syntax could be explained later but simply this is an aircraft identified by its ICAO address in hex format (column 5) with altitude and latitude/longitude.

Cheers,

Michael

New Zealand

hfaero.com

Interesting, but why would you like to do this? If you plot the planes on the screen from the ADS stream, there is not much fun in controlling them as they are not listening to you :)

It would be nice if GATC had a nice little timetable so we have as real as it gets traffic, so planes fly according to (real world) flightplans/timetable.

Interesting, but why would you like to do this? If you plot the planes on the screen from the ADS stream, there is not much fun in controlling them as they are not listening to you :)

It would be nice if GATC had a nice little timetable so we have as real as it gets traffic, so planes fly according to (real world) flightplans/timetable.

That would be nice but remember with the real schedule it could get quite boring at times if you're not controlling at an international mega hub :D

The reason is really quite selfish. I don't really have an interest in ATC simulation but I really like the idea of an up to date chart with SID/STAR procedures and waypoints so that we can see the flights arriving/departing according t the given clearances.

Archived