Moving cargo!

PIC

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here as I don't have the Norland 300.

Is the cargo representation different in the 100 series representation? I looked at a 100 cargo version interior as well as a 300 and didn't notice any significant difference.

If I understand your question correctly why not make the substitution below in italics for your current "model=" parameter in the aircraft.cfg file?

model=3bladewheelcargo

Obie

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here as I don't have the Norland 300.

Is the cargo representation different in the 100 series representation? I looked at a 100 cargo version interior as well as a 300 and didn't notice any significant difference.

If I understand your question correctly why not make the substitution below in italics for your current "model=" parameter in the aircraft.cfg file?

model=3bladewheelcargo

Obie

I'll try that. I'd like to be able to switch back and forth from hauling cargo to passengers. Too bad Aerosoft didn't allow that. Thanx.

I'm not sure which Norlandair repaints you are referring to. The only Norlandair skins I can find are from 2011 and are not for the TO-X. Tom Weiss has Frontier Airlines repaints for the X in both pax and cargo configs.

I'm not sure which Norlandair repaints you are referring to. The only Norlandair skins I can find are from 2011 and are not for the TO-X. Tom Weiss has Frontier Airlines repaints for the X in both pax and cargo configs.

Norlandair is in the Tundra package of Twotter Extended.

Sorry PIC I was looking at regular wheeled variants.

It's still not clear why you would want to use the 100 cargo rather than the 300 cargo. Is there a difference in the cargo crate?

It is complicated and a little dangerous to try to achieve what you ask for. I don't recommend it and haven't tested it but if you think it is worthwhile, here is how I think it could be done.

• FIRST backup your default DHC6_300_WHEEL texture. Just copy it and rename the copy something like BU_texture.
  • Then copy the 6 dds files in the DHC6_100_WHEEL texture folder named DHC6_EX_100CABCARGO_C, DHC6_EX_100CABCARGO_C, DHC6_EX_100CABCARGO_L, DH6C_VC100_2048_CABINCARGOFRONT_L, DH6C_VC100_2048_CABINCARGOFRONT_C, DH6C_VC100_2048_CABINCARGOREAR_L, DH6C_VC100_2048_CABINCARGOREAR_C, to the DHC6_300_WHEEL texture folder.
  • Then DELETE DHC6_EX_300CABCARGO_C, DHC6_EX_300CABCARGO_L, DH6C_VC_2048_CABINCARGOFRONT_C, DH6C_VC_2048_CABINCARGOFRONT_L & DH6C_VC_2048_CABINCARGOREAR_C, DH6C_VC_2048_CABINCARGOREAR_L dds files
  • rename the respective DH6C_VC100_2048_C and DH6C_VC100_2048_L files to DH6C_VC_2048_CABINCARGOFRONT_C and DH6C_VC_2048_CABINCARGOFRONT_L.
  • Next rename DH6C_VC100_2048_CABINCARGOREAR_C and DH6C_VC100_2048_CABINCARGOREAR_L to DH6C_VC_2048_CABINCARGOREAR_C and DH6C_VC_2048_CABINCARGOREAR_L
  • Finally rename DHC6_EX_100CABCARGO_C, DHC6_EX_100CABCARGO_C, DHC6_EX_100CABCARGO_L to DHC6_EX_300CABCARGO_C, DHC6_EX_300CABCARGO_L,

Just know that this change will affect all your wheeled, tundra, float, and amphib cargo variants as you are modifying the texture folder referenced as a fallback in in all the variants' texture.cfg.

A simpler and safer way would be to just add this entry to your Aerosoft DHC6_300_TUNDRA aircraft.cfg like a new livery. This will give you a Norlandair cargo variant.

[Fltsim.??]
title=Aerosoft DHC-6 300 Tundra CARGO
sim=DHC-6.300.T
model=3bladetundracrg
panel=
sound=
texture=TFNLC
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=TF-NLC
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer="de Havilland Canada"