PFPX & CHANGED OR UPDATED WEATHER !!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

PFPX, like in real life, checks weather when planing a flight. It is NOT a weather engine influencing the weather in FSX. So no need to run it during your flight. If you want to fly with real weather, you have to use weather engines like ActiveSky Next, FSGlobal Real Weather or others.

PFPX, like in real life, checks weather when planing a flight. It is NOT a weather engine influencing the weather in FSX. So no need to run it during your flight. If you want to fly with real weather, you have to use weather engines like ActiveSky Next, FSGlobal Real Weather or others.

U dont understand what I say, I have released flight through PFPX and I use FSGRW and after period of time the weather changes, after that what I need to do, repeat the planning ?

In other hands, is the FSGRW tells PFPX about the changed weather.

Actually thats up to you! As a pilot you should embed the expected weather into your planning and consider alternative airports/runways if necessary.

There is "no link" (actually there is - but not in this matter) between a weather engine like FSGRW and PFPX.

During enroute you check the weather at your destination and enroute and keep track if something "unplanned" occurs. If so, like heavier thunderstorms than expected, you are able to replan in PFPX in flight (for this - open page 81/82 in the manual).

But. Before flight, in dispatch, the weather is planned for this flight AS IS. So its a momentary glimpse of what to expect. If something occurs enroute, you have to decide what to do. If the wind changes at the destination airport, taking you to a different runway, then you have to open your charts and program this in your flight management computer (if available). In real life, its the same but you get vectors - by ATC - until final of the runway in use.

You should always have some alternates (at minimum 1) in your flight planned. In best case: for departure, enroute and destination which are "reliable" options in case of bad weather or high traffic or emergencies.

I hope I was able to help you,

best regards,

Emmanuel

Actually thats up to you! As a pilot you should embed the expected weather into your planning and consider alternative airports/runways if necessary.

There is "no link" (actually there is - but not in this matter) between a weather engine like FSGRW and PFPX.

During enroute you check the weather at your destination and enroute and keep track if something "unplanned" occurs. If so, like heavier thunderstorms than expected, you are able to replan in PFPX in flight (for this - open page 81/82 in the manual).

But. Before flight, in dispatch, the weather is planned for this flight AS IS. So its a momentary glimpse of what to expect. If something occurs enroute, you have to decide what to do. If the wind changes at the destination airport, taking you to a different runway, then you have to open your charts and program this in your flight management computer (if available). In real life, its the same but you get vectors - by ATC - until final of the runway in use.

You should always have some alternates (at minimum 1) in your flight planned. In best case: for departure, enroute and destination which are "reliable" options in case of bad weather or high traffic or emergencies.

I hope I was able to help you,

best regards,

Emmanuel

Ver very clear and very beutiful, small question still, if the wind changes what tells me about this change, FSGRW or PFPX (I say pfpx because pfpx takes the latest weather update from FSGRW or what ever, if so that will mean pfpx update the weather each 10 minutes (if I choose this option in FSGRW which is update each 10 minutes). ?????

... if the wind changes what tells me about this change, FSGRW or PFPX ...

Hello!

Virtual flight simulation is in common a copy of the real world aviation by using software, replicating different parts of it. So look at first how its done in the real world.

1.) dispatcher prepares your flight and calculates all the necessary stuff needed to make the initial fuel calculations. You then print out all the stuff you need for the flight, basically the OFP you release in PFPX.

2.) You sit down in your cockpit and prepare the aircraft for departure.

3.) You request the clearence for your departure, there you will get the current runway in use and how you have to depart from this runway (SID). If everything is fine then you just have to type in the SID you already planned in the OFP.

It doesn't always have to match!

4.) You depart and climb to cruise level.

5.) During cruise you monitor the frequencies and the aircrafts systems.

6.) If you are getting in range of the TOD (top of descent) you request the current weather report for your destination. In real life you can either ask the controller or you request it by the aircrafts ACARS system (if available) or - if in range - you can tune in the ATIS frequency.

NOTICE: real pilots don't have tools like PFPX in flight! "Everything" (don't pin me down to this :) ) they take with them is the OFP and the charts!

7.) If you have all the necessary informations, you plan your "descent" (actually ATC brings you down) and you can type in the arrival route to be expected.

8.) If the controller says, its a different runway, then you have to reprogram it.

9.) landing

So, now think where your tools may apply.

=> Dispatcher = PFPX

=> Fuel and your final touches to the flight = PFPX

=> Weather at Departure and SID to use = ATC based on weather (FSGRW)

=> Cruise = FSGRW

=> Descent preparations = every weather software/webpage which is able to tell you what to expect (can be allmetsat.com, NOAA, ... and of course FSGRW) <= this is still just a approximation !! nothing set in stone here

=> Arrival = final/actual runway and vectors by ATC, based on weather

If you want to know during cruise whats the weather like at the destination. Fire up any weather software/webpage you like and type in there the ICAO code of the destination.

I for example used until now, allmetsat.com. Now I use ASN (active sky next) because it's weather will be very accurate within FSX later on, which was not the case most of the time with REX Essentials (real environment extreme). But of course FSGRW does work too!

PFPX is what it is. A flight planning software to prepare(!) flights, not to monitor flights.

You have to receive weather on your own, through different sources how the weather will be like. Like I wrote, in real life this is done by questioning ATC, tuning in ATIS or request it via ACARS.

Actually your ACARS replacement is either a webpage, a (inter)national weather association (example: NOAA, Austrocontrol, ...), a local meteorological station or a weather engine like FSGRW.

My advice is: Learn how its done in real life and try to use the software to fill the gaps or even replicate it as a whole.

best regards,

Emmanuel

Archived