Dash 8 Q400

I have the Aerosoft Dash 8 Q400 for X-Plane 10 and I am running v10.25 X-Plane and have installed the latest version of the Q400 but there some issues with it on 64bit so I was wondering if it is 64bit compatible.

The two things I have noticed is that in the cockpit the MFD for engines /hydraulics etc is showing all the various screens at the same time and the external aircraft views show strange objects on the rotation propellers.

I have the Aerosoft Dash 8 Q400 for X-Plane 10 and I am running v10.25 X-Plane and have installed the latest version of the Q400 but there some issues with it on 64bit so I was wondering if it is 64bit compatible.

Yes, it is 64bit compatible and I had no issues when I last used it a few weeks ago.

OK here are a couple of screenshots of the issues i know about.

In his one you will see all the ND display seems to be showing all the screens at the same time and i can't close the load/balance manager screen.

Dash8Q400_3.jpg

And in this one the rotating prop animations are not right.

Dash8Q400_2.jpg

Oh, thats looking strange.

May be an graficcard driver problem?

I have tested the Dash 8 here on two machines: MAC OSX Mavericks with NVIDIA 680 and a Windows 8.1 PC with NVIDIA 670.

No problems...

greets

I am using an Nvidia GTX660 SC 3gb card. Actually I am planning on doing a fresh install on a bigger hard drive as 250gb one is almost full so I will see if this remedies the issue.

Also I am having trouble with the Alabeo Waco which crashes to desktop a minute after loading it and also this is only happening in 64bit where other users have no trouble. Perhaps there is an issue with my X-Plane 64bit installation.

• 1 month later...

The two things I have noticed is that in the cockpit the MFD for engines /hydraulics etc is showing all the various screens at the same time and the external aircraft views show strange objects on the rotation propellers.

This was definitely a plugin issue. Looks like the Plugin did not get initialized at all.

Next time this occurs a look in the X-Plane log will provide evidence.

Archived