initially i have two things need to understand in PFPX quickly !!!

I just print the first FP.

Two questions need to answer

Q1 I use a FSGRW as real weather tool and everything is okay, after I printed the flight I went to the weather breafing page I found something abnormal to me at this moment at least, TAF NOT AVAILABLE. what that is meaning ?

Q2 in the flight the altitude is 41000f, is that is normal ? I mean it is depends on the payload, fuel, weight and weather conditions ,which comes from the online FSGRW and the PFPX gives the adequat altitude according my previouse values ?

Q1: when you use FSGRW in PFPX as Weather, TAF isn't available, FSGRW export only the current weather to PFPX and not the TAF

Q2: can be normal, which aircraft and grossweight?

B744, Gross wieght is 227, 589.

Now I planned another flight plane to another place with the same aircraft, I increase the payload (full) and it give me the same altitude !!!!

I don't think its a normal thing ????

Your cruising level will be limited by your gross weight, not payload. If you are doing a short flight, even will full payload, you might still be light enough to get to FL410.

My understanding (which may be wrong since I don't use an external weather program for PFPX) is that the METAR and TAF come from NOAA regardless of whether you are using an external program or not. Depending on where you are going, the local met service may not provide a TAF or NOAA might not get it for whatever reason.

There is actually not much point using an external weather program for PFPX. Yes, PFPX might use slightly different data than your weather generator. But that's the same in real life: the real world dispatch programs don't ask the skies what the conditions are going to be like.

Archived