Problem with EHAM / Departure wants unknown SID

EHAM

Hi,

When I play EHAM with wind from the north, I choose departure rwy 36L, arrival rwys 36C and 36R.

Most departures are fine and use correct SIDs.

But I got a departure who wants to go to VALKO.

There is no SID for VALKO with this RWY 36L.

So the departure wants to fly heading 363(!!).

Two problems with that:

363 should be 003 and more important with this rwy there is no SID for VALKO and it should not have been selected as endpoint.

So please use only SIDs from the active runways.

Greetings,

Alex

I had the same problem at EGFF (Cardiff), on a Rwy 30 departure, I was getting an ALVIN departure, but there is only an ALVIN departure for Rwy12, all you do is type in ABCD(callsign) D VALKO and the A/C will route direct to VALKO, its not ideal. I checked the EHAM.txt file and there is no VALKO departure for Rwy 36L, so it looks like GATC just gives a direct for that A/C. I don't know why?

regards, Mark and Merry Xmas

Actually there is VALKO dep for rwy 36L. The assignd departure for VALKO for 36L is for another waypoint that is going in the same direction.

VALKO for 36L is the GORLO3V dep. But in some cases the flight plan starts with VALKO, GORLO or even DENAG. Those waypoints are all on the same airway UL980/L980.

There are some more points that are confusing with different rwy optional SID waypoints.

• 1 month later...

Good Evening-

I see there is still some confusing with the runway assignment for multiple SID's and initial flight plan waypoints. (verision 1.1.5)

I decided to explain, what happends at Amsterdam - EHAM during the standard & non-standard operations in real life.

As we all know in fact, all the main hub airports (EGLL, EHAM, EDDF, LFPG, EDDM, KATL, KJFK) have there in- and outbound waves.
EHAM has five main runways and one runway for genarel aviation. With these runway system they can make al lot of runway combinations during in- and outbound peaks.

During runway combinations we need to make sure every runway SID assignments are corrected separated for safety.
To all make sure of this EHAM is using multiple different SID names that ends on the same airway.
Like GORLO, VALKO or DENAG are positioned at the airway UL980/L980.

RWY 24 -> VALKO 1S -> UL980,L980
RWY 36L-> GORLO 3V -> UL980,L980
RWY 18C-> DENAG 2X -> UL980,L980

This means also that you can(not must) file a flight plan from EHAM to EGLL for example. This could be done in three different ways.
- GORLO UL980 XAMAN L980 LOGAN LAM3A
- VALKO UL980 XAMAN L980 LOGAN LAM3A
- DENAG UL980 XAMAN L980 LOGAN LAM3A

Each waypoint can be filed as mentioned above. It doesn't conflict with the SID's. ATC assigns always the appropriate SID during real runway configurations.

In real life EHAM has 6 in- and outbound waves per day. during these waves the runway configuration consist of three main runways (RWY 22/04 not counted).
These three runways form a preferred runway system to separate in- and outbound high density traffic.

Inboud peaks during real life operation - wind optimazed
Arrival / Departure IAF points
-06+36R / 36L RWY 06 - SUGOL, RIVER(west,south) RWY 36R - ARTIP(East) - converging Approaches
-18R+18C / 24 RWY 18R - SUGOL, RIVER - RWY 18C ARTIP, RIVER*
-18R+18C / 18L RWY 18R - SUGOL, RIVER - RWY 18C ARTIP, RIVER*
-36R+36C / 36L RWY 36R - ARTIP, RIVER*- RWY 36C SUGOL, RIVER
-27+18R / 24 RWY 27 - ARTIP, RIVER* - RWY 18R SUGOL, RIVER*
-27+36C / 36L RWY 27 - ARTIP - RWY 36C SUGOL, RIVER - converging Approaches
-18R+22 / 24 RWY 18R - SUGOL, RIVER - RWY 22 ARTIP, RIVER*
-18R+22 / 18L RWY 18R - SUGOL, RIVER - RWY 22 ARTIP, RIVER*

Outbound peaks during real life operation
-Arrival / Departure SID separation
-06 / 36L+36C RWY 36L(south west, north west & north east) - GORLO 3V, BERGI 3V, SPY 2V
RWY 36C(East, South East & South) - NYKER 3W, IVLUT 2W, WOODY 1W

-18R / 24+18L
-18R / 18L+18C
-36R / 36L+36c
-06 / 36L+09
-27 / 36L+24
-27 / 24+18L
-27 / 24+27

The table as mentioned below show multiple SID combinations per RWY.

EHAMSIDAssignment_zps4c63128e.png

I hope the GATC team can add the unknown SID at EHAM. There are still some unknown SID Ident.

BTW: for real life RWY usement at EHAM you can check it here.

http://www.lvnl.nl/nl/airtraffic

Best regards,

T. F.

Archived