PFPX and active runways for departure and arrival

Hi guys

I have two small quistions :

Q1 Does the PFPX provide the active runways using FSGRW (FS GLOBAL REAL WEATHER) ?

Q2 what the best weather engine that available to use it the PFPX, also is the FSGRW one of the best weather engines that can do verywell with the PFPX ?

I use this combination and YES, the runways selection in PFPX IS influenced by the FSGRW´s weather. An update of weather in FSGRW is automaticaly and immediately reflected in PFPX. And thus, when you replan with a relevant change in the wind direction, a new plan is provided with adequate change in departure/arrival runways :)

I use this combination and YES, the runways selection in PFPX IS influenced by the FSGRW´s weather. An update of weather in FSGRW is automaticaly and immediately reflected in PFPX. And thus, when you replan with a relevant change in the wind direction, a new plan is provided with adequate change in departure/arrival runways :)

What the weather mode u use, static, dynamic which is updated each 5 minutes or historic ?

Also, lets say u planed ur flight with the real weather provided by FSGRW, and print it as a flight sheet. And ur flight from heathrow to dubai.

This flight take a nearly 7 hours or so, surely there is a change in the weather will occur. What u do if these values in the weather are changed, u repeat another flight sheet or what u do.

Pleade be more detailed because ur informations will use as basics.

Thx for ur response.

What the weather mode u use, static, dynamic which is updated each 5 minutes or historic ?

I use static weather (actual or historic). The main reason is that I consider dynamic weather in FSX to be a potential source of problems like sudden changes (e.g. clouds popping), drops in FPS and disoriented ATC. For me, this harms the immersion of reality more then it adds to it :) I have to say that I DID NOT tested FSGRW in this aspect and it is possible that it manages dynamic weather updates OK. I don't see any reason to risk it because (1) FSGRW´s static weather is extremely reliable and (2) my dispatchers (PFPX) do very good weather forecasts, especially for short hauls that I prefer :)

Also, lets say u planed ur flight with the real weather provided by FSGRW, and print it as a flight sheet. And ur flight from heathrow to dubai.

This flight take a nearly 7 hours or so, surely there is a change in the weather will occur. What u do if these values in the weather are changed, u repeat another flight sheet or what u do.

Pleade be more detailed because ur informations will use as basics.

Thx for ur response.

Here is my flight planning process with PFPX and FSGRW in detail :)

1. I have a schedule of flights in PFPX. Before flying any new route, I always first add corresponding flight plan (FP) to this schedule with one or more validated routes that I save to the PFPX´s routes database. At this stage any saved route is general, saved without any runways, SIDs or STARs. Thus, no weather in play yet. This the "preplanning" phase.

2. On the day of flight, I run my trusty PFPX and select a flight from the prepared schedule. This is done (1) on the scheduled time or, when being late at the airport/PC, (2) some time later. I run FSGRW and download STATIC actual weather in the case (1) or HISTORIC weather corresponding to the scheduled departure time in case (2). For example when the departure was scheduled for 0950Z and I fly after work at the evening, I download historic weather from ca 0920Z and also set the time in FSX ca 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time, in this example at 0920Z. This way I create myself an immersion of being at the right place, on the right time and with the right weather :)

3. After setting the weather in FSGRW, I switch to PFPX to plan the selected flight. PFPX takes the weather from FSGRW and gives me EXPECTED runways and corresponding SID and STAR that are amended to the preplanned route from the database. I finish remaining planning tasks, release the FP and print it.

Keep in mind that in reality runways and thus also SID/STARs are never guaranteed and can be changed according weather/ATC instructions. The FP printed from PFPX is a PLAN. Sometimes the weather can change (if you use dynamic weather in FSGRW) and sometimes ATC in FSX will not agree with runways selected by PFPX (this creates for me enough immersion of unpredictability even without dynamic weather). In these cases there is definitely no need to print a new FP. You, as a pilot in command, are expected to adjust and to take the appropriate action (reprogram MCDU etc.).

Here is my flight planning process with PFPX and FSGRW in detail :)

1. I have a schedule of flights in PFPX. Before flying any new route, I always first add corresponding flight plan (FP) to this schedule with one or more validated routes that I save to the PFPX´s routes database. At this stage any saved route is general, saved without any runways, SIDs or STARs. Thus, no weather in play yet. This the "preplanning" phase.

2. On the day of flight, I run my trusty PFPX and select a flight from the prepared schedule. This is done (1) on the scheduled time or, when being late at the airport/PC, (2) some time later. I run FSGRW and download STATIC actual weather in the case (1) or HISTORIC weather corresponding to the scheduled departure time in case (2). For example when the departure was scheduled for 0950Z and I fly after work at the evening, I download historic weather from ca 0920Z and also set the time in FSX ca 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time, in this example at 0920Z. This way I create myself an immersion of being at the right place, on the right time and with the right weather :)

3. After setting the weather in FSGRW, I switch to PFPX to plan the selected flight. PFPX takes the weather from FSGRW and gives me EXPECTED runways and corresponding SID and STAR that are amended to the preplanned route from the database. I finish remaining planning tasks, release the FP and print it.

Keep in mind that in reality runways and thus also SID/STARs are never guaranteed and can be changed according weather/ATC instructions. The FP printed from PFPX is a PLAN. Sometimes the weather can change (if you use dynamic weather in FSGRW) and sometimes ATC in FSX will not agree with runways selected by PFPX (this creates for me enough immersion of unpredictability even without dynamic weather). In these cases there is definitely no need to print a new FP. You, as a pilot in command, are expected to adjust and to take the appropriate action (reprogram MCDU etc.).

I will follow ur steps and post what will happen !

Thank u sbs for the greatest response.

Sbs, sorry for the prolongation but Small two questions :

Q1 how to import the exported flight plane from PFPX into the FSGRW to take all the weather information, copy and paste them into a txt file to put it in the PMDG777 file to utilize the weather feature which provided by PMDG777 ?

Q2 lastly how to just ENSURE the PFPX determine the active runways depends on the weather informations which comes from FSGRW ?

Finally thank u so much again, and have a happy christmas.

Sbs, sorry for the prolongation but Small two questions :

Q1 how to import the exported flight plane from PFPX into the FSGRW to take all the weather information, copy and paste them into a txt file to put it in the PMDG777 file to utilize the weather feature which provided by PMDG777 ?

Q2 lastly how to just ENSURE the PFPX determine the active runways depends on the weather informations which comes from FSGRW ?

Finally thank u so much again, and have a happy christmas.

I can answer only the second question, as I don't own T7. You can check the active weather that PFPX uses on its map. Hovering over an airport reveals its METAR. This confirms PFPX uses the right weather from FSGRW. As any change is reflected immediately (no need for a manual refresh), this is always the case. After expected runways are provided by FSGRW in the planning phase, you can check if our trusty artificial dispatchers selected them properly and eventually change them before you release the FP. Usually no change needed, but under some circumstances it can be done (e.g. when requesting RWY 18 instead of 27R for departure from EDDF). Please realize that runways provided by dispatchers (FSGRW) are only a preliminary EXPECTATION. It's not something fixed, it's only a forecast. RWYs, SIDs and STARs are a dynamic element of FPs that is finally determined by related ATC clearances.

Sbs, when I select the path of the FSGRW in the pfpx weather option (o:program files (x86)\FSGRW\data\download) and click ok the pfpx tell me it can't load FSGRW weather data !!!!!!

Is that path is currect, or what's going on ?????

Sbs, when I select the path of the FSGRW in the pfpx weather option (o:program files (x86)\FSGRW\data\download) and click ok the pfpx tell me it can't load FSGRW weather data !!!!!!

Is that path is currect, or what's going on ?????

In FSGRW General settings, you have to tick "Data Exchange".

In FSGRW General settings, you have to tick "Data Exchange".

Yes I know that but I don't found any any any option that provide data exchange to check it, I have 1.7 version of FSGRW. ehat the version u use ?

Archived