Voice control as option will be supported?

Yes, I know, on the FAQ that voice control is not supported even if works perfectly for english speakers. So, why don't let user can decide if use keyboard or use voice? Will you add voice control in future release? I think it would be a great enhancement for simulation. Think many users agree with me.

• Aerosoft

The problem with voice is that it works okay for English and US folks but not very well for French, Spanish, Italian etc. The voice controlled products we have in our range give rather large problems for them and most people are not very happy. That's why it is not a big target for us. Also keep in mind that a text base interface is the future for ATC and that many new airliners already are able to handle text based ATC.

I don't know text based will be the future. Good to know. But what's the problem if an italian (or other) speaks in english? For example, I own Airbux X and FS2Crew Voice Control and it works perfectly.

The problem with voice is that it works okay for English and US folks but not very well for French, Spanish, Italian etc. The voice controlled products we have in our range give rather large problems for them and most people are not very happy. That's why it is not a big target for us. Also keep in mind that a text base interface is the future for ATC and that many new airliners already are able to handle text based ATC.

Hey,

are you refering to the discussion in 1997/8?

From Sweden and never had any problems with Voice communication in any speech games. A ATC simulator needs voice commands, thats half the fun. Also I never heard about ATC in real world going towards a text based system.

I use London Control and his German part, German Control with Voice. Never had problems. I hoped, that GATC comes with Voice recognition, as this works perfect in this days, see FS2Crew or MCE etc.

I dont understand the soltuion and will not buy it without Voice recognition.

• Aerosoft

From Sweden and never had any problems with Voice communication in any speech games. A ATC simulator needs voice commands, thats half the fun. Also I never heard about ATC in real world going towards a text based system.

Believe me, it's something that will happen pretty fast. All airliners that are delivered at this moment got the systems already installed. Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Air_Navigation_System

This is good, safer for pilot and comtrollers. Furthermore we will have a completed text-based ATC environment for FSX/P3D without worry about "quality" of voice. With completed sid/star database and no more problem to hear poor quality voices.

• Aerosoft

Flying becomes more and more boring. The next step is to remove the biggest source of failures...humans.

Yes but without humans other problems would be fatal. I doubt there ever will be a computer that could do what was done during the Hudson landing that saved many lifes.

Yes but without humans other problems would be fatal. I doubt there ever will be a computer that could do what was done during the Hudson landing that saved many lifes.

Never say never xD.... well, actually it's sad.

Archived