Bronco

Looks good! Would be cool if there was some scenery to go with it just as with the Beech. So how long approximately until we can fly this one? Months or weeks?

for the bronco????

What else than Vietnam???? WIthout the war of course! It's one of the most incedible jungles in the world...

nice VFR chance: up the rivers... can't beat that!

LOL, you're killing me Nick, little to modern :lol: I've actually been scouring the internet looking for good texture/reference photos for the NAM era, tents, ground equipment, vehicles, etc, pretty hard to come by. :(

Bronco is looking nice, can't wait to see it as it progresses. Will look great in FSX with the new denser forests

for the bronco????

What else than Vietnam???? WIthout the war of course! It's one of the most incedible jungles in the world...

nice VFR chance: up the rivers... can't beat that!

Now we just need a patrol boat (with VC of course) to patrol the rivers as the bronco does sorties overhead, couple realistic LZs with hueys as well

Ohhh, this one and Cloud9's Phantom, heck yeah!

Now we need a good Skyraider :D

Hm yes, for the Bronco, it doesn't have to be official excisting bases. I would much prefer short temporary strips with indeed a few Huey's and some security.

That and then hidden away some VC patrols, maybe a few small typical vietnam villages. Would make me very happy! 8)

• Aerosoft
Hm yes, for the Bronco, it doesn't have to be official excisting bases. I would much prefer short temporary strips with indeed a few Huey's and some security.

That and then hidden away some VC patrols, maybe a few small typical vietnam villages. Would make me very happy! 8)

Vietnam.... You guys have any idea how hard it is to get good data of that region?

Vietnam.... You guys have any idea how hard it is to get good data of that region?

It would be hard, but you wouldn't need to make it exact. Use Google earth to fill in the areas where you can't guess what it would look like. Its not like many of us have actually been to the Ho Chi Min trail or Hanoi :wink:

Precisely, I would be happy with some custom content. And even if you used realistic data then still I wouldn't be able to tell if it is really like that in real life. As long as it resembles the Vietnam feeling and has way too short landing strips! :D :twisted:

The Bronco has been used extensively by the California Department of Forestry. Great liveries (lime/orange and red stripes/white) too.

So what about Hemet-Ryan (KHMT) CDF plateform in SoCal. No prob' for having data there :) and your talentuous artists are gonna be able to throw in some nice (if I may say so :roll: ) forest fire effects.

Not that I would mind a Vietnam scenery I do a lot of lying there with the Porter and the O2A already !

• Aerosoft

Aerosoft, do I smell a roadtrip to California for you guys to go see those planes up close?

That is a GREAT paint, we'll sure include that one. And I been in the states 3 times in the last 2 months, enough for now. Being there is sort of okay, but traveling (and getting into the country) is a bitch.

Back when I was doing online combat in Fighter Ace and Aces High, one of the guys in our squadron used to fly Bronco's over Nam. He even sent me a written description of the radio chatter he used to call in an airstrike (it was Huns being called for the strike).

So you could just make a "VC" position(s) and use the Bronco to mark the target(s) with the phospherous rockets and then we can watch the AI F-100s swoop in and Napalm the target area, right? ;)

Of course, for scenery, I use Martin Strong's Thai Scenery and those made by other users to fly some of my Vietnam era iron out of. Not to mention, there are a bunch of cool airfields all over Thailand that have been modeled that make it a great area to fly around with a good freeware mesh (Available at Martin Strong's site). In the mountains in the north east, there is agreat little resort airfield, sort of like Aerosoft's in the Himalaya's, only much lower, where once you are final, you're landing or crashing because of the mountain in front of you.

in the north east, there is agreat little resort airfield, sort of like Aerosoft's in the Himalaya's, only much lower, where once you are final, you're landing or crashing because of the mountain in front of you.

Mae Hong Son :D ? nice job Martin Strong did !