Error on Start-Up "ATCS has stopped working"

Hello, I downloaded the demo last night and successfully played it. Today I tried to run it and got the error message in the subject line. I tried downloading the .NET framework files as indicated in another thread but I was told by the installer that I already have a newer version. I've tried re-downloading the demo with the same result. The screen where the highscores should be appears for a second or two then it crashes.

Thanks

If you have full version please be sure that you have .NET Framework 4 FULL installed. This is your problem probably. If that doesn't solve the problem please start a new topic in GATC support section of the forum: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/611-global-air-traffic-control/

For the demo, be sure you have internet in GATC. There is a bug with connection causing GATC to fail if it cannot reach servers. Will be fixed in next demo release but you can't play demo without internet anyway :)

• 10 months later...

Same issue for me, just purchased then and crashes immediately.

Unable to install Full .NET as it already is a part of Windows 8.1. Added exception to the firewall and still crashes.

I'm running the recently released steam version. Below is the error report.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GATC.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 543ea0d8
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17278
Fault Module Timestamp: 53eeb460
Exception Code: e0434352
Exception Offset: 00012f71
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: 84a0
Additional Information 4: 84a09ea102a12ee665c500221db8c9d6

Can you give some more information on your system? 32 or 64 bits?

Also Windows 8.1 contains .NET 4.5 full not 4 and despite the fact they should be backwards compatible sometimes they're not. Try installing Full .NET 4 and see if it works.

GATC was tested with windows 8.1 but that was non steam version at the time.

Archived