Noticed a few things

Hi,

First of all, I have only played the demo.

I am considering buying the full game, because I like it. :-)

But.. I have noticed a few things.

The visible approach line seems to be not correctly, but it is. I do not know if this problem is in the full game at other airports aswell.

For example EDDM 08L/R course is 082 and it is set correctly in the SDK Airport settings. Although it won't fit correctly with the extended centerline.

In this picture, 08L course is (incorrectly) set to 081 and 08R is unchanged, so 082. Does that mean the runway centerline isn't correct?

6b2c46604a.png

Secondly,

MUN was unreadable for me the first time. I have no problems with my eyes and changing text/lines colors did not help.

Withouth lines, hardly readable.

04ca61a1dd.png

With lines, not readable.

efb653a2c1.png

Thirdly,

When you give a wrong order, a default framework error will appear. Wouldn't it be nice if a custom message appeared that says you gave a wrong order?

2bb92736b5.png

And the last: If you have a lot of traffic, inbound and outbound, searching traffic in the aircraft strips menu is hard. The different colors for arrivals/departures are nice, but if you have 2 takeoff runways in use, searching the correct aircraft in the strips list is hard, because they are listed one by one. I can't list them by runway for example.

Not a big problem, but it can cost expensive time.

I hope you will have a look at it, thanks for this realistic simulation! :excellenttext_s:

PatsTeam

Hi,

thank you very much for opinion/suggestions.

For the readability issue please go to Setting -> Colors & Fonts settings and then to font size tab. There you can set the size of the waypoint label.

post-53494-0-01063800-1387484458_thumb.p

or even change the color for better visibility

post-53494-0-06943100-1387484464.png

As for the runway centerlines this is what I see in demo as well as in full version on my system (latest published builds):

post-53494-0-61330500-1387484450_thumb.p

As you can see no issues here - both ILS have the same offset.

EDIT:

Just a note about the offset. It is unknown to me why at EDDM you can observe this offset. Take for instance EPGD, where I have also manually placed ILS according to charts and it is perfectly aligned with the centerline.

Please provide some details for the error message. What wrong command? Some example maybe? :)

Hi,

Thank you for your answer,

About the readability, changing the font is the best solution I think.

I either do not know why there is a offset at EDDM. I changed the course ( 082 to 081 ) of ILS08L so that is why there is no offset for 08L visible in my screenshot.

I can not take any other airport, as I only have the demo, so I can't test that.

About the error message, I accidentally gave a wrong command, I do not know what command exactly, but I can recreate the error if I type for example 'BAW1892 D MUN 123'. Of course that command doesn't exists.

PatsTeam

ok, found the issue with that command. For sure will be addressed in some hotfix or SP ;)

Just for information: proper syntax is BAW1892 D MUN R or L for the turn direction.

Archived