Line up aircraft collide with each other?!

I sent 4 aircraft to 'line up and wait' pressed the button on each aircraft strip.

They collided with each other, surely they would just follow each other out to the runway holding point in the order you sent them.

Then when ready you cler each aircraft for departure

Why would they collide with each other on the 'taxi out'?

Clive

I don't think its possible to allow multiple aircraft to line up and wait, they will just be crashing into each other on the runway.

I think the correct procedure would be Line Up / Take Off ... then Line Up / Take Off for each individual aircraft.

Just tried the Demo and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Aerosoft

I sent 4 aircraft to 'line up and wait' pressed the button on each aircraft strip.

They collided with each other, surely they would just follow each other out to the runway holding point in the order you sent them.

Then when ready you cler each aircraft for departure

Why would they collide with each other on the 'taxi out'?

Clive

Well yeah... you can only line an aircraft up when that part of the runway is free. It is allowed on most airports to line an aircraft up then one is taking off though.

• Aerosoft

I think a line up takes between 30 to 35 seconds. base it like this:

#1 lineup ... 35 seconds... # 2 lineup + #1 takeoff... 35 seconds.. #3 lineup... #2 takeoff... etc..

In fact, it depends a bit on the runway. some runways have sharp turn entries etc while other have high speed ones. So, as with almost every part of GATC you can tweak this!

post-43-0-96370500-1387443614_thumb.jpg

GATC is really a very very open development and we hope that users will participate to make it better. Of course we are not able to tweak every runway in the world during development, but if you do your local airport and somebody else his local airport we end up with a quickly improved world. Same goes for airlines and aircraft!

• Aerosoft

Just Brilliant !

Looking forward to the full release, just hope I can afford it before Christmas ... :(

Keep up the great work and looking forward to any further improvements / implentations,

This will very much be kept in development as we gather more feedback from customers.

Archived