no sound at Beaver X at FS9 and FSX

johannes de jong

dear sir

installed boxed version Beaver X ,found out that there is no engine sound at Fs9 instalation ,and at FSX i have only Engine sound at the firsth three Beaver liverys with only floats and no wheels ,have tried with sound kopie from file with standard wheels and no effects ,i have Windows 7 64 bits ,boxed version is 2.30 installed from updates 2.31 version but no results ,flap sounds and checklistsounds are OK,,do you have a good advise for me

greets

Johannes de Jong

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and sorry for the late answer.

Please check your soundsettings in FS9 to see if the volume for the engine sounds is turned up.
If this does not solve the problem please try to reinstall the product and make sure that you have administrator rights when reinstalling. Temporarily disableing your Anti Virus may also help.

removed the Beaver at Fs 9 completely and reinstalled after cleaning disc switched off virusscanner and firewall ,checked soundadjustments ,installed as administrator ,and no sounds of engine, but sound of checklist and flapssound is working ,soundfiles are supported by VLC soundsystem is that may be needed to change or get other soundsystem ,Greetings and happy newyear ,hope you have answer to this

Johannes

• Deputy Sheriffs

forgot to say that i tried the disc on a other computer of my with windows XP and fs9 and that is working allright

Johannes

So it is not a problem of the product, but of your PC. Again, make sure that alle seetings on your PC are correct, Windows is up to date and you use the latest drivers. and that youinstalled as Administrator: right click on the setup file and choose "Run as Administrator".

the difference is may be the windowssystem ;at Windows XP its working and Windows 7 is it not working ,has it something to do with explorer i have explorer 10 ,there is explorer 11 ,i run updates everytime ,also as administrator install and logging

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Do any other aircraft have sounds in the FSX installation that's not working right? If none do, toggle the "Q" key, which turns sound on and off (unles you remaped it) and see if that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Is your soundcard accidentally switched to 5.1 - or any other "surround" mode? If using stereo speakers and only using the green(on most cards) socket, only the front-center sounds will be heard.

You could also just try to reinstall the soundcard drivers. My Realtek 7.1 has a habit of losing it's settings, and just re-installing, only a couple of seconds of waiting, always fixes it.

Archived