GTX 780 Ti vs GTX 780 Vs GTX 770 4G

Its time to upgrade from my REALLY SLOW ATI 6750 HD(it has like, less than 1 GB of VRAM). I first saw the GTX 770, with 4 GB's of VRAM and I thought that that would satisfy me. But after taking a look at the 780 and 780 Ti I am starting to question the 770. The 780 and 780 Ti have less VRAM(3 GB for the 780 and 780 Ti, and 4 GB for the 770), and VRAM is essential for FSX, but the 780 and 780 Ti have many more CUDA cores and much faster texture fill rates. So, my main question, is a GTX 780 or 780 Ti way overkill for FSX and the 770 will be enough, or should I go for the 780/Ti. I am not worrying too much about the cost, about a 300 USD difference total but Christmas is closing fast and I am selling a few of my old expensive childhood "toys". So make sure that your opinions ain't just "get the 770 and spend the rest on ...".

Regards,

John

Go for the 780ti if you have the money! 3gb vs 4gb will not make a difference and the 780ti has better gaming performance than the titan! Also if it meens that much to you than there is a 6gb 780ti coming (http://videocardz.com/48216/evga-launch-geforce-gtx-780-ti-kingpin-edition-6gb-ram).

The only thing to consider is that if you may be opting for P3Dv2 at any time, then the extra Vram will be a big benefit. As someone who still uses FSX and considering P3D I went for the 770 4Gb from a 580. There is an improvement, but only because of the new architecture. I certainly was not convinced that the extra money spent on a 780 would see any benefit above the 770 in FSX. If P3D then sure, I'd say the 780, but even then I think there's very little between the two, but there will be a little more benefit than the 770 simply because of the way P3D had been recoded to take advantage of the GPU, but for FSX I wouldn't waste your money. If you believe the difference is worth the extra, then go for it., for me I like to get my best bang for my buck :)

The only thing to consider is that if you may be opting for P3Dv2 at any time, then the extra Vram will be a big benefit. As someone who still uses FSX and considering P3D I went for the 770 4Gb from a 580. There is an improvement, but only because of the new architecture. I certainly was not convinced that the extra money spent on a 780 would see any benefit above the 770 in FSX. If P3D then sure, I'd say the 780, but even then I think there's very little between the two, but there will be a little more benefit than the 770 simply because of the way P3D had been recoded to take advantage of the GPU, but for FSX I wouldn't waste your money. If you believe the difference is worth the extra, then go for it., for me I like to get my best bang for my buck :)

I most likely will never go for P3D, I have so many FSX addons and have "invested" a lot in FSX. Plus, I still think its a better sim. So I will still go for a 780 Ti, just because I am a absolute performance enthusiast.

I most likely will never go for P3D, I have so many FSX addons and have "invested" a lot in FSX. Plus, I still think its a better sim. So I will still go for a 780 Ti, just because I am a absolute performance enthusiast.

Yes. +1, at least for your first sentence.

For your second sentence, I am not so sure. Do you have a comparison, e.g. between MegaAirport EDDL fsx and MegaAirport EDDL prepar3d?

I don't know much about Lockheed's flightsim. Do they have my avatar (B747-200) also in prepar3d?

For fs9 and fsx, that's not a question...

And, are you sure that you don't want a little bit of service from a really experienced amd HD user?...

[Raider is Twix, and ati is amd!]

With nvidia, I can't help you.

So, let me see what I know about the amd HD 6750. This is not a bad solution, but a really important question is, what is behind your 6750?

Imho, that must be PciE (although there exist some very funny agp solutions for some video processors/gpu...).

And, less than 1 GB?

You should be able to say the exact number (512 Mbyte?), just turn around your card, on top we find, 1 propeller, right?

And on the other side you can find a label which contains the exact name of your card, e.g.

HD6750 512M PCI-E HDMI/...

PS: Afaik (my Personal Computer history is implied in my signature...), you should not use less than 1 Gigabyte of vRAM (RAM that is installed on your video card) for fsx.

With this issue, I am agreed with Mr. Kok, who somewhere in this forum has already posted one or two sentences about hardware.

^_^

Plus, I still think its a better sim. So I will still go for a 780 Ti, just because I am a absolute performance enthusiast.

Prepar3d is an improvement over FSX in every regard. If you think that FSX is a better sim, it's okay that you think that, but be aware that it's a feeling, not an objective truth. If you are a performance enthusiast and are willing to spend, I would absolutely advice you to look into Prepar3d (version 2!), as the render and landscape engine has been rewritten to utilize the GPU, rather than the CPU for tessellation and probably more CPU intensive tasks, further, the simulations is supposed to be rather well optimised for parallel multi-threaded computations. In practice this means that the simulations is much more fluid on comparable settings (not the amount of slider-movement, but actual pratical render settings) than FSX on a modern computer. Remember, tests done by Aerosoft show that powerful GPUs for FSX can infact derease performance, so don't be sure that a new GFX card will add much to your FSX experience, as it depends more on the clock frequency of your first core than anything else. Hope you find this information useful, but GTX 780 is still a really cool card :)

Precisely why I want a GTX 780 Ti. :)

Are you 110% sure?

I mean, ok, 1 video card may be better than three, BUT...

You can spend 675,- Euros/930,- US-$ for just 1 video card.

Or you can buy more than three video cards that are just like mine...

Thus, my one and only question in this post is, who is able to make a screenshot with prepar3d in combination with a gtx 780 ti (and please, diy!, do it yourself)?

PS: I just 've asked my fav benchmark provider.

And, well, a gtx 780 ti is able to perform quite well, but compared to Radeon, it should cost approx

350-400 US-$.

If you feel that money is a burden for you, please feel free to donate me 530,- (the difference between 930,- and 400,-).

;):D

• 2 months later...

@hgflyer, I am running texture res at extreme and antialiasing and anisotropic filtering at 16x HDR is off, unsure of other settings but they are about mid range. 1920x1080.

• 3 weeks later...

I have in fact decided to opt for a 770, its been a long time since I replied to this post I have been thinking on this, if there is not a major difference from a 770 to a 780 "FSX wise" then I can go for the 770. But if there a difference of up to 10 fps than maybe a 780 is better. Has anyone been able to compare these two head to head in FSX?

Archived