"Air packs" sound continuously playing even when simulator sounds are off

Patrice_cesson

Hi,

I have installed AEX on P3D V2. It works almost Ok, but I have a problem regarding the sound of the conditionned air (seems to be that, but not sure):

This sound is always playing whatever is the sound status in the simulator (ON or OFF using the Q key) and is also playing in external views (it is very annoying in this case, because we cannot hear correctly the external sound of the aircraft during a "panning view" of the aircraft).

Other aircrafts stop playing sounds when pressing the Q key. I did not make the test on FSX though.

My configuration: AEX 1.16 + Hotfix 19 + sound pack enhancements 1.16.3

P3D V2 on a dedicated partition

New ASC.dll installed in all panels including fallback panel.

W7 X64-16GB RAM-Nvidia GTX 770 MSI 2 GB VRAM-Intel Core I5-2500K @ 4.8 GHZ

Thanks for any help.

Patrice.

[Edit 1]

After a small investigation, it seems to be the sounds "ASC_GearWind.wav" or "ASC_Avionics.wav" or "ASC_Cooling.wav" that are playing all the times.

[Edit 2]

It does not seem to be related to the new asc.dll file (tried the old one and same behaviour)

Also, this sound can be heard when we exit the simulator while in VC cockpit view (the sound plays when the "exit screen" of the simulator is displayed). This does not occur (no sound during simulator exit screen) when we exit the simulator in external view.

Another point: In P3D V2 we can keep playing the sounds when the simulator looses focus (for example to go in another application). What I can say is that if we activate this feature, this "extra" sound stops playing in this case, contrary to normal sounds that continue to play outside the sim.

Regarding external view "chase", this sound seems not to be played, but more tests to confirm.

[Edit 3]

With the new asc.dll file, this extra sound is also played in external view. With the old asc.dll, no such extra sound in external view.

Whatever asc.dll, the extra sound is played in VC view and on exit from this state.

Archived