German Airports 2 Cologne-Bonn - Launcher sees wrong version

PatrickZ

Hello,

I got a small problem. I just installed German Airports 2 Cologne-Bonn 2012 version 1.01. However, somehow the launcher thinks I got version 1.00 installed so it keeps saying a newer version (1.01) is available. But I already got that newer version installed. So why does the launcher not see that? Why does it keep thinking version 1.00 is installed while this is not true?

It's not a big problem, but still it's irritating me. How do I solve it?

Just ignore the launcher as long as things work okay... - it's mostly wrong! (99% of all cases)

I believe in the meantime Aerosoft stopped supporting this crappy software altogether and newer AddOns don't require an activation via Launcher any more...

Indeed, it doesn't need activation anymore. However, the launcher is not only used for activation. It's also good for checking wether you got the latest version. Sometimes there's an update available and you don't know about it.

PS Same problem appeared with Münster-Osnabrück and Leipzig. It does work correct for Dortmund.

Such a piece of software needs updates and someone who takes care of the database... - if that is not done any more then the software is redundant... - and the launcher definitely is...

The idea itself is good but it never worked out... - too many external teams working on too many projects...
You better check your account in case you download your software or the Update/FAQ section if you buy boxed products.
...and don't forget to register your software after purchase! ;-)

Archived