Prepar3d 2.0 compatibility question

c20h28o2

Hello anyone,

I'm thinking about buying Aerosoft Airbus X Extended and I have a question. Is it compatible (seems to be current version is 1.16) with todays released Prepar3d 2.0? And if no, when will be compatible release? Should I wait with purchase or I can purchase now and wait until new version will be available for download?

Thank you.

Doesn't work for me. ECAM Displays cannot be turned on, Right MCDU doesn't work, RAAS doesn't find Prepar 2.0 and doesn't work. The shadow effects seem to work in the VC though.

Blinx

you can turn on/off ecam's using left and right mouse clicks instead of using mouse scroll button. It's no problem until you need to work with FCP panel... It's not possible to assign altitude, for example. No possible to assign something scrollable there, vertical speed too. Mouse scroll button doesn't work at all. I heard about this issue, but I don't know is it a prepar3d 2.0 or Airbus A320 bug.

Blinx, tell me please, did you make full installation or just made a copy/paste from 1.x to p3d 2.0 aircraft folder?

Doesn't work for me. ECAM Displays cannot be turned on, Right MCDU doesn't work, RAAS doesn't find Prepar 2.0 and doesn't work. The shadow effects seem to work in the VC though.

I am getting the same error

CTD after change to fullscreen with ASC.dll :/ but all other works fine

About displays. Change brightness on ECAM control panel.

UPDATE: any change windows size(windowed mode) - result CTD with ASC.dll :(

Same problem here! I cant even click on the different buttons/switches and the displays are dark. no chance to switch them on,,,

any idea?

Right now, RAAS does not find the path,as the Airbus AXE does not find the path to prepar3d install in the registry.

You need to browse to the install path of the prepar3d location.

I have crashes with FMGS.dll unless I use NavdataPro.

It can be crashed by pressing ALT+Enter while the Airbus is in flight or on the ground.

The switch issue is only there when in full screen mode. It's the same for the A36. In windowed mode you should be able to turn the dials and operate switches.

Jess B

All my 4 Airbus flights yesterday were finished with Prepar3D full crash usually after switching between external and internal view modes. It was late night, I was tired and I had no power for longer investigation. I will check it today afternoon once more.

Haven't yet much time to test it, but seems to be all is ok for me! ECAM's working - can set brightness, FCP working, buttons lights working, can set altitude and vertical speed on FCP without any problems using mouse scroll button, RAAS working!

People that have any problems, try this:

Temporarily rename (or delete if you are ready to uninstall 1.4) Prepar3d 1.x configuration folders (Prepar3d) in following directories:

C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\

and

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\

Make a first run of Prepar3d 2.0 if you didn't it already. So after this run you will have a path to the p3d 2.0 in your registry successfully set.

Before installing Aerosoft Airbus X Extended delete all Aerosoft folders in your documents directory if you have those folders there. Run Airbus installer. Choose right installation directory for Prepar3d 2.0. Read all carefully. On some point you will see what installer understands for Prepar3d configuration directory. Seems to be it will write something to prepar3d.cfg and dll.xml, but in C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d not Prepar3d v2! So you need temporarily rename Prepar3d v2 to Prepar3d. After installation don't forget to rename it back to Prepar3d v2! While installing RAAS simply choose right directory for Prepar3d 2.0 manually. Pay no attention on RAAS starting error right after installation. Installation was successfull. Just click finish/exit and run Prepar3d 2.0. Load your A320. You will see RAAS in your add-ons menu at the top of the window.

Sorry for possible english mistakes )

Did it help you?

Did you have prepar3d 1.x or/and Aerosoft Airbus X Extended previously installed or installed now on this machine? If yes:

try to remove directories that was created while using p3d 1.x and that may be used by prepar3d 2.0 too:

Try to remove/rename Prepar3d folder at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\. Seems to be the folder name at this path is same whatever you use - p3d 1.x or 2.0. This folder will be recreated when you will run p3d 2.0. Try deleting Aerosoft folder in your documents too. It will be recreated too. Don't delete Fuel Planner folder as you have Airbus X already installed. May be this things will help you.

CTD after change to fullscreen with ASC.dll :/ but all other works fine

About displays. Change brightness on ECAM control panel.

UPDATE: any change windows size(windowed mode) - result CTD with ASC.dll :(

Just installed P3D 2.0. Updated AXE to 1.16. No other add ons. Also getting the CTD after fullscreen change. Happens when I minimize to use AXE Fuel Planner, then go into fullscreen and CTD. How else are we supposed to get the fuel loaded?

I still have the same issue...

I tried deleting all you say but nothing...

What can I do? I have the nav display only showing heading 0. It does not move... The OS is W7, P3D V2 and v1.15 of Airbus.

Thanks

Archived