How do I get V1.1 - my product was purchased through PC Aviator

fltsimguy

There was a post regarding this, last I seen on this was that you will have to wait until they load thier servers. It was a question in the ORBX forums. Here is the quote from PC Avaitor.

"We will have the latest Aerosoft Twin Otter files on the server as soon as possible. You will not need to re-purchase. We have to wait until Aerosoft makes them available to resellers before we can upload them to our server and then offer the latest updates to customers. I'll let you know as soon as the file is ready to go."

Quoted from Dean @ PC Avaitor

I must have missed that, I was over there but didn't see it. Much thanks.

I does make me wonder in the future about updates, when a vendor does and update that happens after your 1-year download access over at PC Aviator because after a year you no longer have access to that file, perhaps you have to pay something for it after that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can simply solve this by buying directly from Aerosoft. All your download purchases are available forever in your shop account

I must have missed that, I was over there but didn't see it. Much thanks.

I does make me wonder in the future about updates, when a vendor does and update that happens after your 1-year download access over at PC Aviator because after a year you no longer have access to that file, perhaps you have to pay something for it after that.

Most vendors are pretty cool about this and will let you redownload items. There are a specific few though, that will not (I'm sure we know them). It's all up to what they deem fit. If it turns out PC Aviator won't do that, you may want to buy direct from Aerosoft, or at a reseller like Simmarket, as both have no time limits on your downloads and/or no need to pay them to re-access them. PC Aviator is pretty solid though so I bet they would be cool about it.

You can simply solve this by buying directly from Aerosoft. All your download purchases are available forever in your shop account

Yes so true. It's just that the other outfit offered a better deal on the price of the product, I never thought about a problem getting major updates.

So I bought an Aerosoft product but there is no way I can get the update I am entitled to except through the other storefront, doesn't seem quite right to me, since it is just an update not a new model. Especially if I can provide the purchase deals.

More than anything I am looking forward to getting the West Coast air repaint.

Most vendors are pretty cool about this and will let you redownload items. There are a specific few though, that will not (I'm sure we know them). It's all up to what they deem fit. If it turns out PC Aviator won't do that, you may want to buy direct from Aerosoft, or at a reseller like Simmarket, as both have no time limits on your downloads and/or no need to pay them to re-access them. PC Aviator is pretty solid though so I bet they would be cool about it.

Thanks Kyle, I just popped over to their site and "requested" the update as soon as possible. Guess that's all that I can do for now.

cheers.

I've been following the various posts regarding the 1.10 update through PC Aviator.

I experienced the same. I purchased the Otter 1.05 on Tuesday, and saw the update to 1.10 on Thursday. After waiting patiently for PC Aviator to update their product web page, I sent them one support request and two e-mails. They finally responded on Friday (yesterday) that version 1.10 would be on their server that evening and I could download it through the original download link on Saturday (today).

First thing this morning I checked their site, and the product page still described version 1.05. After sending another e-mail, I decided to re-download from my original order. Voila. The latest download is Version 1.10.

So, ignore their product page on the Otter Extended and just re-download from your original download link - from either your original e-mail receipt or from your account history at PC Aviator.

--WH

Archived