Where is version 1.10?

davidal

Hello,

I purchased Twin Otter Extended 1,05 from PC Aviator shop. The download link they gave still says version 1.05

I registered the product at Aerosoft support database but I only found the paintkits for the 300 version.

So, from where I can get 1.10 full install?

Thanks,

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Daniel, should ask PC-Aviator. I'm sure that they already got the necessary files. So it is up to them to provide you with the files.

Guys I just downloaded my update from the old link labeled v1.05.

I opened up the zip and I have the new v110 560,000 bytes.

However, when I go to install it keeps failing for some reason or other.

I'm wondering if I have to uninstall the v1.05 version?

Otto*, an assistant moderator stated above "Daniel, should ask PC-Aviator. I'm sure that they already got the necessary files. So it is up to them to provide you with the files."

*(Please excuse the informality but there was no last lame listed)

OK, since I purchased my Twin Otter Extended from Just Flight I guess you will tell me to go to them for the upgrade. They have not promulgated it yet. So I guess I am stuck.

Please take the rest of this post in the spirit it is meant - a bit of disappointment and frustration but certainly no rancor. I am a big aerosoft fan.

​There is some irony here as the two Caranedo aircraft I purchased from aerosoft were easily added to my Carenado account and I have been able to get all the updates through their site. aerosoft had a sale and thus aerosoft got the business that time. Still Caranedo provides the support no problem.

Likewise I find it ironic that I properly registered my Twin Otter Extended with my aerosoft support account and ensured it was properly entered into my aerosoft-Launcher. Ironic because all the support I am evidently going to get is a paint kit from the support site and the Launcher, while proudly boasting on the Home page that Version 1.10 Full Version is released, responds to my update check with a message stating "Your version is up to date." <sigh>

​ I have engaged with Just Flight and will continue to work that effort.

Perhaps the Free Demo of aerosoft's Catalina Island that I down loaded today will cheer me up.

Warm Regards,

Will

Hello Will,

you can of cause also get it from our Updates database at any time, regardless where you bought it! :)

Hi Emi,

Unfortunately, that's the problem they're all speaking about when referring to the Aerosoft Update section. The update database is only offering the paint kit for the Twin Otter Extended and not the updated version download.

Then someone said that those who purchased from Aerosoft Store can just download the 1.10 version directly from the store's site. I bought mine from PC Aviator and until I came to this thread, I thought that the version PC Aviator offered was still the 1.05 version as marked.

But it seems that they had forgotten to change the version number from 1.05 to 1.10 in their ad because they actually DO have the 1.10 version as we found out after downloading their files.

Still, I agree with you that we all should have been able to download the 1.10 version from the Update Database but that is apparently not yet capable. Even the Aerosoft Launcher claims that the 1.05 version is "Up to date". However, the Launcher itself had a new version to offer witch I downloaded and installed.

To sum it up; Aerosoft Store buyers can get it just by downloading directly from the store and to the PC Aviator buyer's, ignore the "1.05" that they have labeled their file in the download link and just download it anyway. You'll find that it's the 1.10 version after all.

As far as the buyer's from the other stores are concerned, I don't know what they can do if the Update Database isn't prepared to release the 1.10 yet.

Rich

Apparently not yet Kyle, but I did fire off a note to them via their "Contact Us" tab and that should let them know that it's mislabeled. They're pretty good about replying to my contacts so they should take care of it soon.

Rich

Apparently not yet Kyle, but I did fire off a note to them via their "Contact Us" tab and that should let them know that it's mislabeled. They're pretty good about replying to my contacts so they should take care of it soon.

Rich

Perfect, thanks for the help Rich. I posted a note about it and hopefully it will all get resolved to eliminate any of the confusion.

Hi gents,

PC Aviator has updated their files.

Quote from Dean of PC Aviator: "The new file is now up on the PCA servers for customers that purchased the Twin Otter Extended from us. Download via your original download link."

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68270-aerosoft-pcaviator-and-the-update/#entry628676

PC Aviator was notified though my communications.

The downloaded file was not "mislabeled." It is the same name as when I purchased version 1.05 which is - AS_TWIN-OTTER-X-EXTENDED_FSX_P3D.zip.

The contents of the zip file is now version 1.10.

PC Aviator needs to update their product page to indicate the latest version.

--WH

PC Aviator was notified though my communications.

The downloaded file was not "mislabeled." It is the same name as when I purchased version 1.05 which is - AS_TWIN-OTTER-X-EXTENDED_FSX_P3D.zip.

The contents of the zip file is now version 1.10.

PC Aviator needs to update their product page to indicate the latest version.

--WH

I don't understand what you're saying... I mean, I've downloaded the file myself but I haven't installed it nor have I even opened it. I'm taking the word of your own post that it's the updated one and also have compare the file sizes between it and the 1.05 version I had. So I beleieved you were right when you poisted that statemet.

But the PC Aviator ad clearly shows it as version 1.05. That's what I mean when I say it's mislabeled. Considering that it's the first thing you see when you open the download link, I would think that would be the thing most of us will go by and apparently, most of us have.

R

BTW WH, the patch for the Mi24 is done and will be released tomorrow... I think it's tomorrow. Anyway they posted that announcement today.

Wingclip, Sorry if I confused you.

When I say "product page" I'm referring to their web page for the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended. Their web page currently describes version 1.05, not version 1.10. Their web page needs to be corrected.

As been stated elsewhere, if you re-download the zip file from your purchase at PC Aviator it should contain the installer for version 1.10. Only way to find out is to re-download it and look at the contents - mine says AS_TWIN-OTTER-X-EXTENDED_FSX_P3D_V110.exe.

And thanks for the note on the Mi24.

--WH

Hello all.

Three points:

1 - All the aerosoft support page shows for Twin Otter Extended is the paint kit.

2 - Just Flight has updated their download to 1.10 (go in through your account history of purchases); their support page still talks about 1.05

3 - Flying abound the free Catalina Island demo did in fact make me feel better. :)

Warm Regards, Hangar 14

(ooh look I'm a Sergeant now . . . in real life I'm a CAPT in the US Navy) :)

Hello Will,

you can of cause also get it from our Updates database at any time, regardless where you bought it! :)

Hi I bought mine in The FlightSim Store. They only have v1.10. How can I get V1.11 from Aerosoft servers? I have already registered the product in the support page... but I am only allowed to download the paint kit as well...

Regards,

LMC

@ mig: "...How can I get V1.11 from Aerosoft servers?..." The Twotter Extended's version 1.10 just came out a few days ago so I really doubt they've release yet another update unless something went haywire with the 1.10 version. In otherwords, not only is version 1.10 the latest Twotter Extended version release, Aerosoft said that it's also the FINAL update to the entire package.

So I guess you need look no farther :goodluck_s:

@ mig: "...How can I get V1.11 from Aerosoft servers?..." The Twotter Extended's version 1.10 just came out a few days ago so I really doubt they've release yet another update unless something went haywire with the 1.10 version. In otherwords, not only is version 1.10 the latest Twotter Extended version release, Aerosoft said that it's also the FINAL update to the entire package.

So I guess you need look no farther :goodluck_s:

Thanks for the feedback!

They seemed to have launched V1.11 with P3D V2 support. I am desperate to try it in P3D V2. FSX is dead for quite a while and now also P3D v1.4. The performance of the new sim is outstanding.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/76087-twin-otter-extended-released-for-prepar3d-v2/#entry543368

Regards,

LMC

Thanks for the feedback!

They seemed to have launched V1.11 with P3D V2 support. I am desperate to try it in P3D V2. FSX is dead for quite a while and now also P3D v1.4. The performance of the new sim is outstanding.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/76087-twin-otter-extended-released-for-prepar3d-v2/#entry543368

Regards,

LMC

Oh WOW! I didn't know they had a seperate build for the P3D V2 already! I stand corrected.

Thanks, Rich

Archived