Expansion Pack planned?

Helifan123

I really enjoy the new Twin Otter 100 models, but I was wondering if an expansion pack which could feature TW-100 Amphibian, Skis only (for Antartica X), Tundra wheels for example is planned. I would of course pay around 10€s for this.

We added the 300 Amphibian instead, cause customers requsted an amphibian.

We are allready at 11 different model versions, far more than any other FSX addon aircraft has to offer for the price of 35,- Euro, so I think it´s fair to say that we reached the end of the line for the Twin Otter Extended.

It´s kind of a problem with a dynamic release like this - releasing in steps, where customers are able to do requests before the final version, as was the case with the 300 amphibian.

I think we have learned not to offer such a broad package again, but rather release an addon like the Twin Otter extended in packages, let+s say You buy a base package and then can buy additional versions.

The packages could then have been:

-Base package with 300 wheeled and Tundra

-Addon package 1 with 300 float amphibian and ski

-Addon package 2 with 199 versions.

In the end we will never be able to please everyone.

Finn

We added the 300 Amphibian instead, cause customers requsted an amphibian.

We are allready at 11 different model versions, far more than any other FSX addon aircraft has to offer for the price of 35,- Euro, so I think it´s fair to say that we reached the end of the line for the Twin Otter Extended.

It´s kind of a problem with a dynamic release like this - releasing in steps, where customers are able to do requests before the final version, as was the case with the 300 amphibian.

I think we have learned not to offer such a broad package again, but rather release an addon like the Twin Otter extended in packages, let+s say You buy a base package and then can buy additional versions.

The packages could then have been:

-Base package with 300 wheeled and Tundra

-Addon package 1 with 300 float amphibian and ski

-Addon package 2 with 199 versions.

In the end we will never be able to please everyone.

Finn

Very happy with the 300 amphib decision. I am also very glad to see the concept of the base pack and follow on Addon packages to expand the on the variants for future projects.

Rick

Dear Finn,

What ever i posted earlier, don't take it negatively . I just wanted to clear while purchasing i have seen Twin Otter 100 - Tundra. So wanted to know why it was skipped. I got your answer "We added the 300 Amphibian instead, cause customers requested an amphibian."

But after that what ever i read i was shocked, i had always appreciated your work. You have given us a such a beautiful aircraft at 35 Euro is just peanuts. I am 101% sure nobody can claim that Aerosoft has cheated while purchasing Twin Otter Extended.

This aircraft is so beautiful that we are not getting satisfied with all the models, we want more and more models. The point is whatever the xyz models which are skipped right now can be planned in near future as a Twin Otter Extended Expansion. We are not asking right now after 1,2 or 3 years later, its upto you.

I hope so i have kept my point, i again appreciate your hard work and claim we are getting Bang for the Bucks with The Twin Otter Extended.

Cheers!!

Wanted to say thanks again for this wonderful aircraft!

While going through the website http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,12679 to get the new full version I noticed it shows the -100 Tundra model as being included? thought I better give you heads up

• 300 normal wheels 620 shp (4 blades)
  • 300 normal wheels 620 shp (3 blades) normal door
  • 300 normal wheels 620 shp (3 blades) air stair
  • 300 tundra wheels 620 shp
  • 300 floats 620 shp
  • 300 ski/wheel 620 shp
  • 100 normal wheels 620 shp (streamlined exhaust)
  • 100 normal wheels 550 shp
  • 100 tundra wheels 620 shp
  • 100 tundra wheels 550 shp
  • 100 floater 550 shp

I was infact hanging out for the -100 tundra (LOL joke), I consider the 11 models great value for the price, so no complaints from me as you have made the only aircraft I truly love

Cheers

Flashman

I have asked Aerosoft to update that list since it´s not uptodate.

As I said, there was a great demand for the 300 amphibian model, so we swapped out those two 100 Tundras for the amphibian.

If You look into Your list, the amphibian is not included, neither is the 300 Tundra.

The workload to get the amphibian done was alot higher than if we had to do the 100 Tundras, but we listened to our customers and brought them the amphibian.

I´m sorry if this decision is a showstoper for some people, but we would not be in business if we didn´t take care of whats called "Feature creep" i.e not knowing where to draw a line.

Finn

Not at all Finn, I would have been happy with just 1 x -300 wheel version if it came down to it, the other 10 models are a bonus....really!

Just thought I better tell you about the website as it is misleading for anyone coming into this for the first time

Right Flashman - and thanks for the headsup :)

Best regards

Finn

Yeah - if enough cutomers would chime in - then probably yes.

But being sure that the customer base really is there is another thing.

Doing a poll will make many claick "Yes I wiould by a addon package for the Twotter", but clicking "yes" is often easier done than actually doing so.

Problem with an aircraft like the Twotter is that we will never be able to satisfy everyone.

Some want different doors, others want the higher powered 100 model, while others want ski and amphibian versions of the 100, not to mention those who would feel cheated not to see the 400 or Vistaliner.

We allready got a fair amount of different models with different cabin layouts and gear types - at some point we must stop.

Finn

Would it be possible to include the following versions in an expansion pack priced at 10-15€?
I must say I have absolute no idea about the cost factor of developing so I'd like to ask before I start a petition which includes demands you cannot comply.

Twin Otter 100 Tundra model
Twin Otter 100 Skis model
Twin Otter 100 Amphibian model
Retractable skis for the Twin Otter 300 Ski/Wheel version
Skydiving interior (just remove the cargo in the cargo interior model and add a skydive door)
High powered Twin Otter 100 model

• Deputy Sheriffs

Frank, you got the answer already.

But if you send Aerosoft a written upfront order of e.g. 5000 expansion packs, they might consider doing so. ;)

Would it be possible to include the following versions in an expansion pack priced at 10-15€?

I must say I have absolute no idea about the cost factor of developing so I'd like to ask before I start a petition which includes demands you cannot comply.

Twin Otter 100 Tundra model

Twin Otter 100 Skis model

Twin Otter 100 Amphibian model

Retractable skis for the Twin Otter 300 Ski/Wheel version

Skydiving interior (just remove the cargo in the cargo interior model and add a skydive door)

High powered Twin Otter 100 model

I am with Helifan, i like his idea and ready to pay 10-15 Euro for the expansion which helifan has mentioned but aerosoft has to make it clear what we will be getting to avoid the misunderstanding between customers and developers at the end.

It´s fine for me Frank...

Peronally I would not rule out such an addon packet - but note thats me personally.

Things in this business though runs a bit different.

The developers are not sitting unemployed around when a project like the Twin Otter is finished.

New projects, wich aso are highly seeked by customers await their attention, so allready now a few of the key developers from this project has moved on to the next.

Alot of other people on those new projects ae dependent on these developers etc..

So even if a bunch of customers are pledging for an addon package to the Twin Otter, it´s not just something we can continue on, oter projects needs attention before such an addon can be considered.

Schedule wise the Twin Otter extended has taken appr. 3 month more than planned, this means that other projects has been postponed equally.

Don´t hesitate to make Your request, cause the worst outcome of ever asking is a "No".

Just understand that this world isn´t as simple as that.

Finn

Hello Finn,
thanks for your answer. Of course I am aware of the fact you're now working on other projects and a succesfull result does not mean an expansion pack. Anyways, it won't harm to try it, since, as you said, the worst outcome is a "No".

I´m sure that if enough customers chime in that someone at Aerosoft will agrre about the idea.

For now at least, I regard Your request as an appreciation of the work we have done.

Finn

• 1 month later...

Well honestly Frank it was worth the try, but this hobby is in a way very elusive...

When a new project regarding a popular aircraft is made, there is high expectations and interest. This holds on until and a few weeks after release.

Thereafter interest gradually declines. I´m sure that if You look at the sales numbers, that this is very evident.

Most customers will like their new toy and as long as it is new and they haven´t got right ito depth with it, they will want more. But some time after they will search for new challenges, new aircrafts to study.

An aircraft like the Twin Otter will remain in those peoples hangar, but an expansion package would need alot more than just different landing gear and doors to be attractive.

Best regards

Finn

Archived