Twin Otter OH-KOG Survey Aircraft Request

CrashEd

First post, so hi to everyone.

Firstly, a big thank you to Aerosoft for developing the Twin Otter Extended aircraft for FSX. I'm particularly fond of this aircraft as I spent over 100 hours in the survey aircraft OH-KOG working as a scientist/engineer. It is a DHC-6-300 that was owned by the Finnish Geological Survey in partnership with the British Geological Survey. The nice thing about the aircraft is that it underwent hundreds of hours of flight testing in order to carry modified wing tip pods and a nose boom in order to house scientific surveying equipment. It flew nap-of-the-earth (~120ft AGL!) sorties to provide scientific information of the earth's subsurface. Dambusters-esque flying! It certainly sets it apart from all of the other Twotters! Uniquely, it kept its original Kar Air (Finnish aviation company) livery throughout its surveying days with the aforementioned institutes. It has since been sold on (due to the current economic climate), but is still used today as a survey aircraft in Canada. As an aviation fan and an engineer, I'm proud to have been part of its history! Here are a few shots of it in action:

1222973764.jpg

A couple of other links here:

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1046404/

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1032799/

It's probably too late to ask for this, given that the 'Twotter Extended' has now been launched, but I wondered if this aircraft may be considered for a future update? If not, it would be at least nice if someone with far better repainting skills than I to produce a 300 in the Kar Air livery? It would be something special for me to fly this aircraft in FSX and a novelty for others I guess. If not, then I hope this was a nice story for someone to read nonetheless. BTW I love the BAS survey aircraft that was included in the initial release. It's great to see something different included in the package.

While repaints probably will be done by the very skilled repainters around, no further models are planned.

We allready have 11 models, far more than any other aircraft addon for FSX, so only bugfixes for the current models will be done.

Since this version also will become the boxed version, don´t ecxpect new updates for some times, since the retailers would hate us if a newer version than the boxed version would be available within a few weeks.

Finn

Archived