Twin Otter Update

Yardreamer

• Aerosoft

Yes, I has the ZIP extracting error .. I downloaded it from USA link

Next, I downloaded from Europe link and no problem unzipping (no error).

I just tested all download files and they are all okay. As with all things on the Internet, we simply can not guarantee the files you download.

• Aerosoft

I too, like Dreamer purchased from, not a local shop, but the FlightSimStore...which I think is pretty big and good :confused_s:

And they will have the full new version when they get to it. There is really not a lot more we can do. The fastest way to get all files is from the people who made them, you honestly would not think we would send the file to all external shops, wait until they have it inserted before releasing it on our site....

Why would we pay the ftp cost if you did not buy it with us? Believe me, for a large download like this and a few tens of thousands of customer we are talking serious money It's up to the shop where you buy your products to deliver it to you, that's why they get part of the money. We fully depend on them how fast they supply their customers

I know this does not sounds nice, but it is how things work. If you do not buy from us the amount of control we got over things is limited.We do our best, but we will delivery is up to the shop where you buy it.

Lessons Learnt

Dreamer

I successfully downloaded the published version 1.10 at 769,946 kb ( is this the correct size?) from the Aerosoft site.

When I installed it said version1.01 and only installed the basic -300 wheeled model at 488 mb (Shown after reboot)

Any suggestions on what happened?

Racartron

Racartron:

Seems to be the wrong version and size.

1.01 was that large due to various files that where double and now has been "aliased" instead.

1.10 is about 541 MB large - better download again and make sure the installer says 1.10.

Yardreamer told he did not know he could buy directly at Aerosoft, thus the confusion !!!

Finn

Thanks Finn. The large files are now gone and a proper 541 mb zip is there. Download and install went great. Now I have over 4 gb of Twotters to play with. That of course includes over 70 repaints -- so far. :excellenttext_s:

Probably not, but my process for selecting a plane and livery is based on whatever happens to cross my mind at the moment. I might pick up an article in the news about an event in New Zealand and I'm off in search of an appropriate livery for the adventure. Later it might be New York and the same process starts.

I literally will fly anywhere in the world, so I need a livery close to the "location of the day". I never could understand the Simmers that only fly in their own state, but then many call me odd as well. :hi2_s:

BTW, I'm currently flitting about in Iceland. Awesome full moon just about the horizon.

Probably not, but my process for selecting a plane and livery is based on whatever happens to cross my mind at the moment. I might pick up an article in the news about an event in New Zealand and I'm off in search of an appropriate livery for the adventure. Later it might be New York and the same process starts.

I literally will fly anywhere in the world, so I need a livery close to the "location of the day". I never could understand the Simmers that only fly in their own state, but then many call me odd as well. :hi2_s:

BTW, I'm currently flitting about in Iceland. Awesome full moon just about the horizon.

I like your approach and just may start to do the same.To this point I mostly fly the RCAF and Kenn Boerek skins wherever I fly, but having one more appropriate to the region I am flying in sounds better.

Rick

Archived