Manhattan Causes Addon Airports To Flicker

Adam

Hi Shaun.

Yes, it happens only if I visit first Manhattan and then go to Amsterdam.

If I go from Amsterdam to New York, I don't have this flickering issue.

Thanks for support

Edin

• 1 year later...

Any updates on this? I have been getting terrible flickering at KBOS:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v68/martinlest/?action=view&current=KBOS.mp4

.. someone on the AVSIM forum referred me to this thread. Is renaming ny-3d.bgl the only option. What does that file contain? Is it possible for me to take out the 'problem' part of the file (if known) using a decomplier/recompiler, rather than lose the whole file? I haven't tested anything yet myself, but an earlier poster said that removing that file caused problems - the screenshots have gone, so I can't see exactly what was happening.

Thanks,

Martin

Thanks Shaun, but I am not sure that I can in the end decompile it. The 'ScruffyDuck' decompiler says 'unknown file type' and - BGLAnalyze gives an error notice when I try: "Unknown ID in Procedural section, Object Header at 0xA". Could that mean that there is an error in the file itself?

Without ny-3d.bgl, the scenery is horribly thinned out, so removing it is not really an option I think, so would still like to know what's actually in the file ...

Martin

"horribly thinned out" ... obvious, at least in part, what the file contains! Can only hope a fixed version is possible. (BTW I was flying from KPHL to Boston and got the flickering textures there - I was nowhere near NY previously).

Hope to hear back soon (this issue has been going on years - long overdue for a fix?).

Martin <_<

post-591-0-13843600-1302795618_thumb.jpg

post-591-0-13383000-1302795628_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've until recently not flown to FlyTampa destinations from N.Y., but I've had the Manhattan Scenery for a couple of years. But now, as I started to fly domestic flights from NY to FlyTampa sceneries in the states, this annoying problem has occurred to me aswell.

any news on this? one should surely be able to fly out of this great Manhattan Scenery to any other airport, without having issues...

Please don't forget us stubborn FS9ers!

/Johan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...