DR400 boxed version - genuine?

redbaron999

Hi folks,

I bought the box from Amazon; though it was advertized as beeing the german version, it came in french, box as well as handbook.

Is this a genuine version?

Luckily the handbook is available in english at your site, otherwise I´d have had problems ;-)

Andreas

• Deputy Sheriffs

He is referring to the german amazon site and he also posted a review there (so called " by amazon proofed purchase"):

http://www.amazon.de/Flight-Simulator-Robin-400-Add-On/dp/B00C17SPM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384683669&sr=8-1&keywords=dr400

Looking at the site, amazon didn't get the product directly from Aerosoft, but from NBG EDV Handels & Verlags GmbH

So it is not a pirated copy, that´s what I wanted to make sure.

As i wrote already, I got the english translation from your site, so the french isn´t really a problem, although it is a bit annoying from the side of the vendor.

A few days after I posted the review the DR400 stopped showing the yawing and turning tendency gradually - by now it is gone alltogether without me having edited any *.cfg-files, it seems like I applied your fix I mentiond in the review, which I did not.

I use an old registered version of fsuipc for configuring the controls (CH-Stick an pedals), maybe I´ve overdone something here - need a bit of testing still.

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

you have most propably installed the patch including easier flight dynamics which normally is only intended for users without a rudder pedal.

Hi Andreas,

you have most propably installed the patch including easier flight dynamics which normally is only intended for users without a rudder pedal.

Hi Emi,

not that I knew. If it is not installed automatically from DVD, I did not install this patch, nor did I download ist from your site.

The flight dynamics are as a whole somewhat strange (G-BIGE):

- as described, yawing tenedency not noticable (normally, see below)

- I need next to no rudder in the steepest of turns, the ball centers itself; if I use rudder without turning, the ball is all over the place, which is to be expected. Auto rudder is not selected.

- in cruise flight, if I switch on carb heat, I get that strong yawing, if I switch off carb heat again, the effect remains active, whereas if if I open the throttle a bit, it is gone and does not come back if I apply carb heat again. Sometimes it is enought in cruise flight to open the throttle to get that yawing, if I reduce it again, the effect is gone.

I learned that G-BIGE does not suffer from the yawing like D-EVEM, but the mentioned problems hold true for both planes.

Also, I don´t seem to be able to change the transponder setting, I can switch the numbers but cannot change them. The same is true for the decimals of the radio stack.

Perhaps I should try a reinstall, I would definitely don´l like to discard that otherwise nice plane :-)

Andreas

Archived