do real twotter drivers have to do run up stuff for every flight?

briansommers

When I fly a plane in FSX I either do it correct and by the book or not at all..

that said.

do twotter drivers go through the whole checklist every single time for every flight? I find all that runup stuff very tedious and just kind of kills it for me.. I don't fly it that much..

I usually just right click through the chklist.. but I don't like to because now I feel like I cheated or something.. LOL ..I'm a mess

what say you all?

This is a good question. I hope some RW pilots or mechs will chime in. It looks like Winair does a lot of 15 minute flight segments on their island hopping. I would imagine that they would exercise the props before each T/O but maybe not? What do I know?

Obie

The last time I flew in the Twin Otter, late July on Baffin Island, the pilot told us on boarding that as this was the first flight of the day we would be moving to a different location on the apron and going through a full run up. All other flights that I took on that trip, including watching the Otter take off after shutting down and unloading us on a remote site I noticed that the pilot did not do full run ups.

Thats the normal way for most aircraft.

If You look closer in the checklist gauge, You will see that the headline are either in red or green.

Only those in red are mandatory for each flight and some items in them are probably also not done, like the firedetection test etc.

Most checks will be a quick glance at the switch sections to ensure they are in a familiar position (the crew are probly experienced enough on the Twin Otter to know how the general picture of the switches should look).

Finn

Are you one of the guys who put this Otter together Finn? Man I'm really impressed with it .The way you boys are busting codes now what I find with this one and the Duke just to name 2 is I have 8 modules from Go-Flight and a pile of switches don't work any more. And I see your forum support is really good also . I flew to the Conference in Holland last week --- were you there? Louis

Yes I´m part of the developement team for the Twin Otter Extended.

Some functions in the Twin Otter are custom coded and will not work directly with some hardware.

In this forum You can find some LINDA/LUA scripts for the Twin Otter that makes it possible to assign all switches and functions of the Twin Otter via FSUIPC.

No I was not in Holland.

Best regards

Finn

Archived