Checklist problem

paulsk

Hi,

Recently I bought and installed the Aerosoft DHC6 Twin Otter X Extended for FSX.

I am experiencing a problem with the Checklist, especially in the "Shutdown Checks" part. The 4th item "PROPELLER LEVERS" stays with a Red Cross and the side-effect is that I am not able to perform the last 4 items of this checklist part: "LIGHTS", "EXTERNAL/BATTERY SWITCH", "D.C. MASTER" and "CONTROL LOCKS". These last 4 items stay blank. See the attached screenshot.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

My PC: i7 3770K, mem: 16GB RAM, video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 with 2GB memory, OS: Windows 8.1 Pro with Mediacenter.

post-96756-0-08271600-1383853393_thumb.j

Are you using a joystick/throttle device to control your Propeller Levers or are sou using keyboard commands or mouse? If the first, check to see if they are really at 0% - you can use the mouse with the cockpit tool tips turned on - put the pointer over the lever and see if it says 0%. Sometimes there is a little deviation and or noise between the joystick/throttle device that keeps them from going to zero.

Obviously if you are using the keyboard command or controlling it via mouse, its another issue.

Regards, Hangar 200

I just bought this yesterday and it's a good thing I'm retired to learn this one ha . I'm stuck here and don't know if I missed it but went through all the manuals pretty good, at least I think I did . When you cancel the check lists , how on earth do you bring them back up again? I put my mouse every where to look for a click spot but cant find any . Louis

• Deputy Sheriffs

Louis,

not sure what you mean by cancelling the checklist and bring it up again. Do you mean how to reset the checklist? This can be done by clicking on the headline of every checklist section.

I seen that part Mopp ---it's when you load the aircraft and the pop up at the bottem with all the views and the part where you bring up the checklist . If you hit the big red X and it disappears from the screen. how to you get it to pop back upi again? same wiith the checklist section, if you clear ir from the screen and want it back so you can see it , how do you bring the checklist back up? . bet it gonna be something stupid and ambassasing. Louis

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ah, OK you mean the panel view selector, simply use SHIFT-3 to toggle it on/off and, when I remember correct, SHIFT-2 for the checklist only.

There you go , works like a charm and did I try to find that little trick. Now that I'm here I might as well tell you that this is one sweet bird. I think you sent GO-Flight for a loop cause this bird raising the bar a lot of my Go -Flight switches don't work .

Are you flying the Wheeled or Float version? If you right click, does the check go green?

Dave

I fly the wheeled version. The problem I described happened at the "shutdown checks". I rightclick with the mouse to get green colored checkmarks.

Regarding the problem reported at the beginning of this thread the following. Thank you all for your replies, especially Hangar200. To fly the Twin Otter I use a Logitech Force 3D Pro joystick. To adjust the Propeller Levers I use the keyboard (e.g.: Ctrl-F2 to reduce the propeller levers). Just a moment ago I tried the reported part of the Shutdown checks again. I discovered the following: After right clicking the "PROPELLER LEVERS" with the mouse, they went to the FEATHER position which is according to what the checklist prescribes. After clicking "GENERATORS" and then clicking "FLUEL LEVERS", I see the fuel levers move to the OFF position, but immediately after I saw the PROPELLER LEVERS move to the 100% position, resulting in the red cross at the PROPELLER LEVERS checklist item. If I, next, clear the SHUTDOWN CHECKS part of the checklist and subsequently rightclick each item again, then I get all "greens".

With the mouse I am able to put the PROPELLER LEVERS totally in FEATHERED position.

I hope somebody can give a clue what is going wrong here.

Archived