Mathijs Kok

Free high end Catalina Island X!

So the question is which or what file(s) do I have to disable in the KAVX scenery to not use the aerial images that are included for Catalina Island in KAVX?

Hi John,

Not sure why you would want to do that. Replacing the aerial imagery by that of Mega Scenery on top would make you loose thousands and thousands of autogen objects, aerial imagery compatibility around the heliport, a crisp coastline and higher resolution. Bottom line: No one will guarantee you Catalina will work if you deactivate the aerial imagery that comes with it.

But if you'd still like to give this is try: The file is called: Catalina_Aerial.bgl

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the file. I'll give it a try.

To answer some of your questions: I've never liked lots of Autogen because they can be a real fps eater. Compatibility with the heliport is also no problem for me as I don't fly helicopters.

Also I don't like that FSX loads 2 aerial images for the same location (MegaSceneryEarth & KAVX). And because of the filestructure of MegaSeneryEarth, it is not clear which file(s) are responsible for the aerial for KAVX. So MegaSceneryEarth can not really be deactivated for KAVX.

Jon

:bow_down2_s: Thank you very much for this great add-on. :excellenttext_s: I'm a big FS9 fan so I did only fly with that version. I have now many airports for FS9 from Aerosoft, That was the problem for me to switch. My FSX is in the closet for over 6 years now, and today I conclude that it was time to switch,

• Upvote 1

Is this product available for download any longer? I tried the download link and received a 404 error "requested URL not found on this server", just as the previous poster captain vic did.

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

I was also wondering about the Catalina download. Just recently got back into flightsim and saw this addon. get a 404 error when clicking the download link.

Hi all.

I found a solution to the download issue. It appears the U.S. server is the issue. To download the demo, go to the top of this page to Mathijs' initial post. Click on the product "Catalina Island demo X" that is underlined in blue text. It will link to a page for the product. Select the "click here" in red next to the British flag, other countries may work as well but I did not test. This will link you to a product page for Catalina Island. Scroll down to the Product Overview section and look for the "Free download of the Scenery Catalina Island: >> Download <<" line. Select "Download".

Here's the direct link: http://mirror-eu.aerosoft.com/demo/AS_CATALINA-ISLAND-DEMO_FSX-P3D.zip

I never quite realized that a payware quality airport like this had been included in the U.S. City L.A. title.

Great value for money! (In retrospective - now this single airport is for free! :P)

Hello

Randy here, i had click the link to go to Aerosoft site to download the Catalina Island Demo, but it only said that the link could not be found.

Thanks

Hello

Randy here, i had click the link to go to Aerosoft site to download the Catalina Island Demo, but it only said that the link could not be found.

Thanks

Hey

Never mine , Sergeant had the link above , so i did click on it , and it worked .

Thank you. Having lived in Oxnard for almost 40 years Catalina was a favorite spot to fly in FSX.

Well done!

Apparantly not available any more :(

How come you say that? It's still there.

Sascha

Hi All at Aerosft

Thanks for this fine free AddOn

Works perfectly in FSX but in Prepar3D V2.5 plane ends up below runway but one go around cures it!

Vector problem?

Thanks again for a fine piece of work

xxd09

Anybody ever find a fix for this runway bug/ elevation issue? I run Orbx but I disabled any file related to KAVX, I also tried it on my laptop with a vanilla FSX installation and I still have the same problem.

• Upvote 1

On 9.1.2016 at 19:31, Double J sagte:

Anybody ever find a fix for this runway bug/ elevation issue? I run Orbx but I disabled any file related to KAVX, I also tried it on my laptop with a vanilla FSX installation and I still have the same problem.

Me too in P3D..

It seems that Catalina demo is no longer available to download :( That's a pity :cry_s:

• Upvote 1