Nav Data Out-of-Date PLEASE HELP

I just purchased PFPX(about 10 minutes ago) and for some reason my Nav Data is out of date, unless I misunderstood, PFPX comes with a free one year subscripotion.

Quick help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Do I understand well that you have to pay twice for the same information: PMDG and PFPX?

Frans

Absolutely not. When you buy a cycle or cycles, all your addons that require a Nav update are covered. So, for example, if you purchase just 1 cycle, all your addons like PFPX and PMDG and Airbus ext etc etc are updated.

All the info you need is in the link that Otto posted above.

Ok,

I have the 4 cycle package from Navigraph and did download PMDG_1312.
As the name says: PMDG. So nothing PFPX has not been updated.

I don't know if it cost me a cycle again, when I update the PFPX.

Frans

Clear now, thanks to you answer. On the site of Navigraph they do not mention that.
Perhaps a related question: why is the price of the Airacs of Aerosoft 33% higher then Navigraph?
If Aerosoft has more advantages then Navigraph (and that's not very difficult with their bad service and ridiculous way of selling) a higher price is not a problem.

Frans

Hmm, Navigraph is used by thousands of Online Simmers since many, many years and i never heard that this company is bad. Or that there are problems with their paying system. Without this company nobody could fly online. In the early days this service was free and later navigraph was founded.

Ulf

I used Navigraph for many years. The plates are ok.
The presentation is not, eg:

The way you have to zoom in/out.
The irritating exclamation marks.
SimPlates has three times more chart as Navigraph has.

The service is not:
The time they respond.
Suggestions about the Learning Center are not taken seriously.
It took them two weeks to find an error in their software before I could purchase plates again

The way of selling is not:
It's the worth of all internet companies I know. And that's a lot. From two clicks before, it costs you now ten minutes to purchase a plate.

Since about August you cannot buy with simple credits charts as before. You have to buy an Annual Charts Subscription of € 59,90. That is the equivalant of 250 charts a year! If you don't

want that, you have to buy at another (!) company a coupon. Then, you have to go back to Navigraph and copy paste the coupon in the coupon field.

If you comment on that, the answer is: "We were hoping that the new system would be at least as friendly as the old system, if not friendlier."
Then you really don't understand the needs of your customers!

But, as we say, the best vote is with your feet and I found the best there is: www.simplates.com. If you have an iPad or Android tablet, it's awesome (Navigraph does not have that, despite

the many request they did receive.)

SimPlates has also a MS Windows version

And all for a better price!

Frans

I do not know if i understand you correctly.

You don't need the Charts.

For PFPX, other aircrafts and everything else, which has a database with all Waypoints, SIDs and STARs in the entire World and you want to update this database you need this database provided from Navigraph or Aerosoft. And every Plane/Program has its own format. So you buy one Airac cycle and this single Airac cycle includes every special format for your Aircraft. For example Wilco, Pmdg, Digital Aviation, Leonardo Maddog and PFPX.

If you know that already i apologize myself for mistanding you.

Ulf

I used Navigraph for many years. The plates are ok.

The presentation is not, eg:

The way you have to zoom in/out.

The irritating exclamation marks.

SimPlates has three times more chart as Navigraph has.

The service is not:

The time they respond.

Suggestions about the Learning Center are not taken seriously.

It took them two weeks to find an error in their software before I could purchase plates again

The way of selling is not:

It's the worth of all internet companies I know. And that's a lot. From two clicks before, it costs you now ten minutes to purchase a plate.

Since about August you cannot buy with simple credits charts as before. You have to buy an Annual Charts Subscription of € 59,90. That is the equivalant of 250 charts a year! If you don't

want that, you have to buy at another (!) company a coupon. Then, you have to go back to Navigraph and copy paste the coupon in the coupon field.

If you comment on that, the answer is: "We were hoping that the new system would be at least as friendly as the old system, if not friendlier."

Then you really don't understand the needs of your customers!

But, as we say, the best vote is with your feet and I found the best there is: www.simplates.com. If you have an iPad or Android tablet, it's awesome (Navigraph does not have that, despite

the many request they did receive.)

SimPlates has also a MS Windows version

And all for a better price!

Frans

A lot of misinformation there Frans, you may be an unhappy customer but that does not justify misleading others. I would suggest potential purchasers review and make their own decision.

@Ulf

Hi Ulf,

We are talking about two products here:

Charts (plates) and the Navdata (Airacs)

Navdata are essential for flying you cannot without it.

If you fly as real as it gets, you need the charts too for TA /to anticipate on other SID

STARS / for taxi and parking purposes and finding gates.

For VOR/DME - Circle to land approaches and so on..

@Stephen

1. which misinformation?

2. where did I mislead?

3. this IS a review.

Frans

In the link there is the same price which I did mention!

Annual Charts Subscription 1 year EUR 59.90

Yes, I know, but I am talking about people who want just buy one set of charts at the time.

So, which option do you suggest?

Frans

In the link there is the same price which I did mention!

Annual Charts Subscription 1 year EUR 59.90

Yes, I know, but I am talking about people who want just buy one set of charts at the time.

So, which option do you suggest?

Frans

YOu know that pretty much all charts in the world can be found/used for free? You just need a little bit of time and know how to use google. Start here: https://charts.aero/; skyvector.com (for all American), and the IVAO/VATSIM divisions.

Thanks Chrjs, I know, but I am willing to pay for a good product.

With my Simplates Ultra and iPad you have what you want in a split second!

Really Awesome.

Frans

YOu know that pretty much all charts in the world can be found/used for free? You just need a little bit of time and know how to use google.

And some are out of date and don't match the FMS database. You get what you pay for.

Michael Cubine

YOu know that pretty much all charts in the world can be found/used for free? You just need a little bit of time and know how to use google. Start here: https://charts.aero/; skyvector.com (for all American), and the IVAO/VATSIM divisions.

Not everyone, not always up to date, and not with a so much clear and informative format.

Well, you can get European Charts from Eurocontrol, and American ones from the FAA - both for free and from official sources - 100% up-to-date. And this is true for many other countries like Brazil, UAE, Russia, AUstralia, New Zealand, the UK, Israel, Korea,.... Are you sure Navigraph revises every single Chart for every single new AIRAC? I don't think so, it says: "Charts are normally updated quarterly".

BUt it's your choice where you want to spent your money on - why not just give it to me? :P

Archived