Hi,

is there a maximum schedule size that PFPX can handle? I created a schedule for Virgin Virtual which came out at about 6.4Mb, the .xml file that is. When I exited PFPX it then created a schedule txt file of 6.2Mb in the PFPX data folder. I then loaded PFPX again and exited and the Schedule.txt file had grown to 26+Mb, and I had not even put any more schedules in.

Can anyone answer this question

regards, Mark

Hi Stephen,

unfortunately for me it does seem to pose a question, as I am getting continuous Out of Memory errors when trying to plan flights and PFPX crashing, I have updated my video drivers to the latest and I am running a quad core i7 system with 16Gb of RAM, so there is plenty of memory there. I did put in a support ticket with Flightsimsoft and they replied that they are looking into it, but I have not heard anything from them for two weeks,

These errors only started to occur after upgrading from v1.894 to v1.10 and event viewer is saying that an MSVCR110.dll file is causing the crash, which I believe is a microsoft redistributable file, I have tried reinstalling those, but still no joy, so I have to assume that something in that schedule is causing a problem.

I have tried a fresh install of PFPX but whenever I import the schedule it crashes again, so I have deleted the schedules.txt file and started an new schedule for a different virtual airline, that one is about 6.4Mb also, but so far I have not had any problems. I really do not want to lose the other schedule as it contains over 1500 flights and took me the best part of two weeks to input.

It would have been nice if someone from Aerosoft or Flightsimsoft could answer the basic question of whether there is a schedule size limit as this could seriously affect users of Virtual Airlines who want to do as I did and put in their whole schedules.

regards, Mark

I wonder if your original schedule is carrying forward errors that manifested in duplicate/missing in earlier builds with spurious date stamps.

Having experienced that problem myself I started rebuilding the schedules afresh with the 1.10 build.

Hi Stephen,

is it possible to rebuild the schedules or do you have to redo the schedule completely from scratch.

The schedule i created is in the Aerosoft/PFPX downloads section titles Virgin Virtual

regards, Mark

Just imported your file and it shows a VAS usage of 1.6GB

Once I restarted PFPX the schedules.txt file had indeed increased to over 26Mb in size which resulted in a VAS usage of close to 1.8GB

As per my PM Mark the uploaded schedule contains the spurious date entry <PreparedAt>1899/12/30 00:00</PreparedAt> however these get corrected when run on the 1.10 build.

I'm not experiencing OOM issues on loading, is there any other action your carrying out that triggers this?

At the time of my support ticket Christian recommended starting the schedules afresh

My guess is the '1899' dates weren't populating through the schedule originally, the missing schedules problem, and now in 1.10 they are getting multiplied and hence the huge increase in file size.

HI Stephen,

I checked the Virgin Schedule I created and Guess what, all the flights have a prepared date of 1899, just great!

I checked a schedule I have created this week for another virtual airline and there is no prepared date at all in any of the flights, so the question is how do you change the prepared date in an xml file and can you do it in a batch mode?

regards, Mark

Hi Stephen,

looks like our posts crossed,

the OOM error normally occurs when I try to plan a flight and when exiting PFPX. Did importing my schedule actually fix the prepared date issue? how ever it is possible that the OOM errors occur because I often used PFPX whilst having FS9 running in the background.

regards, Mark

Importing the schedule fixes the date issue, when exported the file size is 26+ Mb in size.

I planned a flight using your schedule, no OOM, VAS use increased to 1.88 GB

Stephen,

if I delete the line <PreparedAt>1899/12/30 00:00</PreparedAt> from every fight in the schedule, will that mean that the schedule should work fine in PFPX as I noticed that in anew schedule I have created in PFPXv1.101 there is no such line in the xml file?

regards, Mark

Just export the file again Mark and the entries will be fixed, but the file will be 26Mb+ in size.

That spurious date entry stems from an earlier build where schedule entries were not showing up, possibly there were other issues also. With it now fixed the entries are multiplying based on your 7 day schedule, which didn't happen before and is now increasing the file size.

I tried to re-export the file again, but I got the OOM error and the file did'nt get exported. I think I am going to have to go through the schedule with notepad and delete every invalid <Prepared> line, it will probably be quicker then doing the schedule all again.

cheers mate, Mark

Hi Stephen,

I pulled an all nighter and went through every flight and deleted the spurious Prepared comments, and then re-imported the edited schedule, it still creates a 26MB+ file but I am now not getting any OOM errors, so hopefully that solves the problem.

It would be good if Flightsimsoft or Aerosoft could create a little batch file that would delete these comments automatically for you. Also It would be nice from the developers if they could give some indication on whether there is a schedule size limit in Mb's or Numbers of flights, as I suspect that there might be a few Virtual Airlines people who are trying to put their schedules into PFPX. Also it would be nice to know what was the largest schedule size used by the beta team?

Anyway thanks for your help, all I need now is route export function to FSNav and DA Fokker 100 in a future update and I will be most happy!

regards, Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there any chance on getting an answer on these schedule size questions, support ticket went in 3 weeks ago, still getting OOM errors when trying to release the flight, very frustrating for a product costing 50 Euro's.

regards, Mark

Archived