Disappearing sounds of copilot voice

HomoPrintus

Hi!

I like Airbus X very very much, but I've faced with some problem. During checklists at some moment I can't hear the PnF asking me. Sometimes PF also mutes sometimes. After a few C/L positions voice can be back, but not always. It happens in different positions, but most likely after starting the engines.

I have Asus Xonar sound card, core i7, 8 GB Ram. FSX has a SP2 (Windows 7).

Thanks for helping me out.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

no idea and never happened such a behaviour. First I thought that maybe some soundfiles are missing on your system but as you are writing that this happens at different CL and positions it must be a different root cause. Maybe you should check your FSX / Options / Settings / Sound. "Play" with the sliders and the devices and see what happens. There is no standard setting for it because it various from system to system hardware......

Regards,

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

I doubt because we have a lot "russian" or foreign customers using FSX version in different languages with non-latin writings (even Chinese and Japanese) and got never such a problem. Did you "play" as suggested with your FSX sound sliders and devices?

Regards,

Hanse

I doubt because we have a lot "russian" or foreign customers using FSX version in different languages with non-latin writings (even Chinese and Japanese) and got never such a problem. Did you "play" as suggested with your FSX sound sliders and devices?

Regards,

Hanse

Yes, I did some tests and that's what I figured out: when I change my Audio Device in Options dialog (e.g. choosing Standard Audio Device instead of Asus Xonar) and get back to simulator during cheklist, voice suddenly comes back (if there was pause before doing it). After a few seconds other positions in CL start disappearing. When I change my audio device again, voice comes back again. What's happening? Maybe I should disconnect my soundcard ang get back to on-board audiocodec?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry this seems to be a hardware problem and no problem of the AXE. The only advice I can give you is to use "try-and-error" to find out the rootcause of your problem. Maybe you should also update the driver of your soundcard?

Regards,

Hanse

• 3 weeks later...

Archived