Intolerable FMGS.dll FATAL ERROR!!!!!!

AnsonTz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

I looked into this issue (mainly because the wording was rather nasty). As was said this is an issue that is so far reported only two times and not on the tens of thousands other installed system, so we are 100% sure it is something local on the machine and not something basically wrong. Now there is only one thing in our software that 'might' detect exiting the runway and that is in the RAAS add-on. Try to disable that. There are however a lot more FSX add-ons and plugins that might do that.

But please, stay polite, we will try to find the cause but only in a civilized manner.

• Aerosoft

The CTD just occurs again while entering route !!!!! Totally intolerable

So this is NOT related to leaving the runway? In that case it could be dozens of things on your system.

I am sorry you find it totally intolerable but as you will have seen here the software runs fine for others the cause must be something on your software and so far you have given us very little to work with.

• Aerosoft

I didnt install RAAS.

My FSX is newly installed without other addons (not include scenery) but just Airbus x Extended

Okay, then it has to be hardware. There simply is no other reasons this works with everybody we know of and not on your system. I have handled a few support issues where we could not detect the problem but in 100% of these cases the problem was solved after a (clean!) install of FSX. So that only leaves a hardware issue.

We guarantee 100% that the software works on a clean OS and a clean fsx.

• Aerosoft

I found an unknown dll file called ViMaCoreX.dll

Is it related to the issue?

Vimacore is part of AES and AESlite. We used it in close to 100 products and never known to give a problem. Do you have any tweaks to FSX? We do strongly advise the highmem tweak but no others.

well i just came by i saw you ask if there was a compatibility problem whit win8 if i understod that right, well what are your setting for the FSX.exe file and have you tryeid to run it in compatble mode? i always do and it´s win 7 but prevent some problems whit FSX and is why Microsoft build this option. i know other programs that cant run on vista and newer whit out using that option.. so if you havent tryeid it do it if you dont have GSX or another program that cant run that way.. not that i tryeid it crash when exit the runway.

I hope that would do the trick

Make sure that User Account Control is disabled via the registry in Windows 8.1,and that FSX is set to run with administrator rights.

Start regedit from the run menu.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Key: EnableLUA

Value data: 0

You need to reboot to set the changes.

Ideally, this needs to be done before FSX is installed.

My FSX intallation is on a separate SSD drive D, so my installation is D:\FSX

Is your PC overclocked? If yes,set it back to the normal state in the BIOS.

This guide has a lot of good information to get started.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

I have already disabled the UAC and set the FSX to run as admin. Should I still do it with registry?
I am also using SSD as my primary storage, and fsx has been installed there in Program File(x86). I tried to copy the whole fsx folder to my secondary storage which is a HDD and run it, there's still the issue.

64F753D6-4.png

oh...I wonder if the .bgl scenery causes the issue. I can remember now that all the airports having the issue are from .bgl files, but not the type that adding a folder to addon scenery folder then add it in scenery library.

P.S I am not a native english speaker, really sorry for my poor expression here.

• Deputy Sheriffs

NEVER simply copy the installation folder of a software to another location. It will cause more trouble, as entries in windows registry will be corrupted!

Not with Windows 8.0 and higher.

Besides,even with the UAC slider down to the lowest,it;s not really switched off.

The only way to do this completely is with the registry settings.

OH!!! I I find that the time that FMGS.dll causes the crash is when the FMC data reset to "blanks".
I mean that all the FMC data input before is reset after landing just like KSFO/KSAN will be reset to a few blanks.

At that moment, the FMGS causes the crash, maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived