Preflight Checklist :: Propeller Governor Test results in unwanted acceleration

GuiLaMon

The checklist for the propeller governor test requires the power levers to be advanced to a point when the Np governs at 70%.

Although I have the parking brake set, when I advance the power levers to achieve 70% Np, the aircraft accelerates quickly and I find myself in places I shouldn't be.

Have I missed something that would prevent this unwanted behaviour?

My apologies if this is related to this forum "Too High Breakaway Power? topic , but is there a fix if you don't use FSUIPC?

For the governor test You must apply power slowly inorder to allow the engines to spool up.

You must only apply the amount of power to verify that the prop rpm governs at 70%.

Unfortunatly there is no other tricks to fix the ground friction than using a registered version of FSUIPC.

A2A's Accufell also affects ground handling, but I´m not sure that it will lower the needed power for break away.

Finn

Hi Finn, thanks for the reply.

I suspected that the only solution would be the FSUIPC. I will have to revisit it to see if I would use it for anything other than for this to justify the purchase. I suppose the easiest, but least realistic, would be to bypass that part of the checklist. (If I can without affected the remainder of the checklists)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I suspected that the only solution would be the FSUIPC. I will have to revisit it to see if I would use it for anything other than for this to justify the purchase.

Personally I like FSUIPC also because:

- I can make better settings for the reverser on my throttle quadrant

- You can change sensitivity of the hardware axis in the center to be different from the extremes of the axis.

- It can eliminate 'spikes'

- It can be set to make 'auto-saves'

- I use the included WideClient for other programs such as Plan-G or Flight Commander (very easy to use!)

- It helps you set any hardware button or axis to do almost anything you want.

It really has tons of functions.

I am a fan. :lol:

Thanks for your input Eric. It certianly does have a lot of features that I am seriously considering. If it will benefit the awesome Twin Otter in more than just one way, it's likely a done deal.

I highly agree with Eric

For me me it´s FSX SP2.5, cause it fixes alot of things and also gives You alot of options to setup controllers as well as keeping individual setups for each aircraft.

I have a CH-Throttle quadrant with 6 hardware levers. Using FSUIPC I can setup a default profile like : 2x Throttle, 2x Propeller RPM, 2x Mixture axis'.

But when I change to the Qualitywings Bae-146 it automaticaly loads a profile like: 4x Throttle 2x undefined axis'.

So I never need to change my axis assignments.

Finn

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC and using the Twotter checklist I have the surging forward of the aircraft during the prop governor test. How do I remedy this? FSX w/acceleration, 32GB ram, nvidia 560ti, 1200w psu.

Again I must emphasis the importance of moving the power levers SLOWLY forward, just ntil You recons that the governors governs prop RPM around 70%.

The issue exist due to FSX' bad ground friction simulation, something we can´t do anything to fix.

If You look in external view, You will see that the tires actually are scraping over the ground, so more effective brakes won´t help in anyway.

Finn

Archived