Twin Otter Extended wing fuel tanks

FA099Bill

I read the manual and did a search but could not find the answer.

The Twin Otter has a Forward and an Aft fuel tank. But it also has two wing tanks.

Can these be used and when does the aircraft make use of them?

Bill S.

Yes -

The wing tanks can be filled from the default FSX Fuel/Loading screen but I don't believe it is possible from the provided aerosoft Fuel and Loading utility. There may be plans to included this later.

The wing tank can be used using 2x switches which can be found on one of the views (the view where you can see the ram air and heater switch - bottom left of the cockpit). There are empty warning lamps in this area which also function.

Note that the -100 version will come without wing tanks, though both pump switches and fuel gauges will remain in the VC.

By editing the aircraft.cfg the wing tanks can be "Re-installed" if wanted.

In real life the wingtanks are an optional installment and many, if not most, Twin Otters doesn´t have them.

Finn

Note that the -100 version will come without wing tanks, though both pump switches and fuel gauges will remain in the VC.

In real life the wingtanks are an optional installment and many, if not most, Twin Otters doesn´t have them.

Finn

When can we expect the 100's to roll out?

Dreamer

Finn

How would you edit the aircraft.cfg to "re-install" the wing tanks?

If the wing tanks are installed would the cross-feed automatically use the fuel from these tanks?

If it is too much trouble making use of the optional wing tanks I can always make sure that I can find an airport for refuelling on a long trip. Which I would probably have to do anyway even with the use of the fuel in the wing tanks.

I really just posted the question because I am curious about these tanks. :) :?

The wing tanks can be installed / uninstalled by opening the aircraft.cfg file for the appropriate aircraft version.

Find the [Fuel] section.

In there You will find the 4 tanks listed.

To uninstall the wingtanks put // in front of theose named something with "..tip" tanks (Need to look for the exact names when I come home).

To uninstall simply remove the //.

In order to use fuel from the wingtanks, simply turn on the pumps for them found near the wingtank gauges found almost at the bottom of the center pedestal.

Finn

Archived