Guess how much it costs?

Robert S

So...anyone here want to take a guess how much it costs to construct one new runway at a busy international airport (in the U.S.)?

The company I work for just completed such a project. I was surprised at the cost...anyone guess?

So...anyone here want to take a guess how much it costs to construct one new runway at a busy international airport (in the U.S.)?

The company I work for just completed such a project. I was surprised at the cost...anyone guess?

The extension of the runway at my home airport (the tiny one) EDLD from 700 to 1500m was about 3.000.000€, so if I assume the new runway is about 3000m long I would roughly estimate about 20.000.000$ - 30.000.000$?

well then send the bill to rockstar they got the money from the release of GTA 5 whit in the first week they got more then 1billion us dollars.. hehe

how ever i just wounder if that price could be right as i know a runway at the same lenght at denmark got a new runway nearly the same lenght and som other extra work.. at a price of 25 million DKK whitch is less then that price

You can safely assume that a couple of people got filthy (and unnecessarily) rich from that single runway. Actually people who had been filthy rich already even before that project started ...

...for what it is worth my company publically states its profit margin on all construction/engineering projects (we disclose this as we do a lot of work for the Federal Government) - it is only 4% profit.

As I understand it, this is in fact part of an overall $8.7 billion project to upgrade or construct several new runways for Chicago O'Hare and involves a framework of other companies too. I was reading about some of the unforeseen costs, such as having to relocate a graveyard with 1500 graves! Apparently a stipend of over $1 million had to be paid to the church to accomplish this. Still, $1.3 billion for a 10,800 foot concrete runway? I was like, wow....

On a positive note, my company used a lot of recycled material to construct it, and significantly reduced the environmental impact of this job.

In the capital of Germany, they try to construct a new rwy (+ one or two buildings) since the year 2006...

And they are still trying to finish the project for 5.499.080.000 US-$, i.e. 4.000.000.000 Euros. But they'll fail, imho!

Even people who live next to that project publicly laugh about it in the meantime (e.g. Mario Barth).

:excellenttext_s:

Its America nothong is small over there not even ther debt. I think the YBBN seond runway they want to do here is $1.3 Billion, WHS and redicuous land costs contrubute to much of that.

Even people who live next to that project publicly laugh about it in the meantime (e.g. Mario Barth).

Mario Barth DOES NOT live next to "the project"!

Gladly he lives far away next to your homebase ;)

And even when Mario Barth laughs, that means normally not many other people will laugh :mallet_s:

;)

Archived