Redispatch - stop PFPX adding Contingency Fuel

Hi there all.

I have my variable/en-route reserve fuel already defined as 10% of trip fuel up to a maximum of 4000kg. As Qantas plans without an alternate, it uses a SORT OF redispatch idea - it decides at a certain point close to the destination whether to continue or whether to divert. I can use PFPX re-dispatch to calculate this point and a route to the "enroute alternate", and the fuel required to each. That's all I really need.

I want it to stop adding contingency fuel when I redispatch. I already have 10% trip fuel up to 4000kg enroute reserve defined in the fuel policy. Is there a way to stop it doing this??

Cheers,

Rudy

if youre planning a redispatch (under the ways the US FAA does it), PFPX will add the contingency fuel required to build up to the min fuel required. No way around that.

However, if you can provide enough background on how QF does the calculation, I'm sure it could be possible in a future version of PFPX (without speaking for CG). As a US dispatcher, I've never heard of a DPA calculation - and even though I have some QF Manuals, I cant make heads or tails sense of it. I sorta understand it, only sorta - not enough to provide any guidance to CG on how to implement the capability in PFPX.

Archived