manual vertical mode - pitch rocker switch on yoke

Hekktor

To be able to control vertical pitch in manual vertical ap mode you use the yokes central column rocker pitch switch. Afaik it is not possible to map that switch to an joystick/hotas switch atm. The switch is simply not matched to a fsx function and thus not being mapable to a button without using linda+fsuipc full version.

So here is my question if I got the above correct. Are you planning to assign a FSX function otherwise not needed in the Twin Otter? Like concord nose up/down f.e. so that we can map this function to our joysticks?

At the moment - while using trackIR, it is quit a hassle to hover the mouse over the switch to use the mouse wheel while monitoring vsi needle to adjust pitch / vs as intended...

Tnx,

Hek

I know Finn,

but would it be very difficult to assign an unused FSX command? For me it would be just this one switch I had to buy and configure FSUIPC for. And here the configuration part is the thing that worries me most.. or the reason for this posting - I just wanted to be sure there is no other way / hope to wait for a future update regarding this.

tnx,

hek

Problem is that there doesn´t exist that many unused FSX commands and if we promise You to assign the rocker switch for some, then others want us to assign FSX commands for their means too.

It´s not because I want to be a nay-sayer, but fixing issue X for one customer via some limited options means that we will have other customers who request us to fix issue Y, Z etc....

Thats the reason why we had Guenseli help us do the LINDA/LUA stuff.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

Well pretty much all other commands one can assign to key joybuttons since they have their corresponding key in FSX. Just this pitch switch doesn't. But since vertical pitch trim is shut off with AP engaged, I am really astonished to hear that I should be the only one finding it important to have the ability to map this switch on a joystick button to be able to vertical steer the plane without having to mouse hover over and mousewheel up and down.

Well pretty much all other commands one can assign to key joybuttons since they have their corresponding key in FSX. Just this pitch switch doesn't. But since vertical pitch trim is shut off with AP engaged, I am really astonished to hear that I should be the only one finding it important to have the ability to map this switch on a joystick button to be able to vertical steer the plane without having to mouse hover over and mousewheel up and down.

Whenever some none default FSX features are added, there are no keys to assign in FSX, Thats why we had Guenseli do the Linda/Lua stuff for us, though it requires FSUIPC.

So if Your really like the rockerswitch mapped to hardware buttons, then there is also a solution.

The Linda/Lua "module" is free of charge and made available as a help for those who want to expand the Twin Otter Extended, even for home cockpit builders.

I know You then need to pay for a registered version of FSUIPC, but allow me to say that since the Twin Otter Extended "only" costs 30,- euro, I think it´s adequite to request people to also buy FSUIPC if they need none default key mapping.

As I told in my former post there are only a very limited amount of unused FSX key commands.

We simply cannot please everyone, some want mapable keys for the auto pilot while others want it for de-icing or the engine / prop test switches.

Finn

I know Finn,

but would it be very difficult to assign an unused FSX command? For me it would be just this one switch I had to buy and configure FSUIPC for. And here the configuration part is the thing that worries me most.. or the reason for this posting - I just wanted to be sure there is no other way / hope to wait for a future update regarding this.

tnx,

hek

You need to open your mind about FSUIPC, there is a lot more to it the just assigning buttons and is a very good utility.

• 5 weeks later...

If You have a registred version og FSUIPC You can use the LINDA/LUA script found here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71615-linda-module-for-twotter-extended-available/

Note that AP Pitch and Bank switch (Rocker switch) and Yaw damper has been added to version 1.1.

Finn

Finn, you keep telling people this is a Linda/LUA script............... but it is not a LUA script; it is solely for LINDA.

LINDA scripts are very different; they require LINDA to be running in the background during the FSX session and they can only be assigned to hardware (not to keyboard commands). LUA scripts go in the Modules folder and then become assignable by FSUIC - to key commands or hardware.

I am just concerned that people's hopes are getting built up that there is actually a LUA script, (and that they can therefore assign the awkward pitch rocker controls to key commands) - when they can't.

Finn, you keep telling people this is a Linda/LUA script............... but it is not a LUA script; it is solely for LINDA.

LINDA scripts are very different; they require LINDA to be running in the background during the FSX session and they can only be assigned to hardware (not to keyboard commands). LUA scripts go in the Modules folder and then become assignable by FSUIC - to key commands or hardware.

I am just concerned that people's hopes are getting built up that there is actually a LUA script, (and that they can therefore assign the awkward pitch rocker controls to key commands) - when they can't.

Sorry..

I´m not using it and know very little about it, but I still point people towards a solution for their request.

Finn

I have 8 Go-Flight modules and a lot of switches with this custom coding don't work. I found out that LINDA does not work with Go-Flight . So maybe in the future some thing else will come along . But all in all I'm very pleased with this Extended Twin.

Maybe I am missing something - but you can manipulate Lvars via FSUIPC macros... so why not this rocker switch?

As best I can tell, the L:AP_FD_PitchOffset value is incremented or decremented by 0.25 for each rocker actuation.

There may be a more elegant way, but you could define an Lvariable and increment it each time your key combo

for "rocker up" is pushed, and decrement it when "rocker down" is pushed.

You assign a little LUA routine for this aircraft.

It watches your newly defined Lvar, and for any change, it adds or subtracts 0.25 to/from L:AP_FD_PitchOffset

Archived