EGPH: No transistion from "TLA" available

Martin Müller

Very likely, the holding is correctly aligned - but just not the right one for your approach of the day ;-)

The database can contain only one holding per fix/navaid. Nevertheless, there may be multiple different holdings at one fix for different purposes (STAR, approach, missed approach,....).

For EDN at EGPH, there are at least two different holdings:

For the ILS approach to runway 24 (AD2-EGPH-8-6, 25-JUL-2013), the holding at EDN has the following characteristics:

inbound course: 242°

turn direction: left

For the STAR via STIRA (AD2-EGPH-7-1, 25-JUL-2013), the holding at EDN has the following characteristics:

inbound course: 295°

turn direction: right

I don't have the NavDataPro available on the PC I'm working on right now, so I cannot verify the reportedly missing approach transition.

Hope I could have been of any help.

planemaker

Very likely, the holding is correctly aligned - but just not the right one for your approach of the day ;-)

Sorry, But I can read charts! You don't have to explain it, how the holdings are correct aligend.

It is definitivly wrong aligned! The complete proceudre is wrong in the database:

egph.jpg

The transition TLA has an NDB / ILSDME ARC. Real world FMCs are not able to handle such an arc. They need a VOR/DME as reference Navaid to create an ARC.

Therefore that transition is excluded in the ARINC 424 File.

But the waypoints itself are there:

TLA - R029M - TLA24 - R105L - R081L - ITH90

Btw: Your screenshot shows the Navigraph database and NOT NavdataPro.

Jan-Paul

So, I will explain what I mean:

Please compare the "Vias" between Navdata Pro and Navigraph. The TLA via is NOT available on Navdata Pro but on Navigraph.

Why?

egph_navdata.jpg

The other thing:

Same problem with navdata-pro with the wrong holding:

egph2.jpg

I had an older Navigraph cycle 1303 for PMDG so I loaded it for a test.
The TLA approach transition is present and IMO should be in the Aerosoft NavdataPro database.

TLA is also on the Euro approach plate ILS24 EGPH2 25July13.
I noticed also there are 2 holds at EDN, one is for FL140 to 6000 and the other is for below 6000'.

I got a screenshot before departing LOWI (aerosoft's nice scenery!) to EGPH to show the TLA approach.

post-12061-0-67664500-1382638112_thumb.j

The TLA approach transition is present and IMO should be in the Aerosoft NavdataPro database.

Shoud be, but is not ;-)

The big question in this case is, that aerosoft says navdata comes from Ldio-Database which is used in real life aviation like from lufthansa etc..

And when this is true, is this procedure in real life available or not?

The Holding-Prob:

And yes, there are 2 different holdings for different altitudes in the charts. But none of that holdings has a cours of 2° as shwon in my screenshots.

Hi,

as already written above, the procedure is not available in real life.

The reason is, that the arc bases on the EDN NDB (QDM Bearings) and ITH ILS/DME (ARC Distance). No real world FMS can handle that.

They accept only a VOR/DME as reference navaid for the arc.

Jan-Paul

Hi,

as already written above, the procedure is not available in real life.

The reason is, that the arc bases on the EDN NDB (QDM Bearings) and ITH ILS/DME (ARC Distance). No real world FMS can handle that.

They accept only a VOR/DME as reference navaid for the arc.

Jan-Paul

OK, in the navigraph database is also no arc, but there are waypoints "to simulate" an arc, but in the navdata-database is nothing :(

Archived