AES and Prepare 3D

Hi Oliver,

Did you get any where with the developer needed for AES to work in P3D?

I only ask because if the improvements promised for V2 are to be believed then that will probably be the final push to get off FS9 of FSX to that platform.

The only reason I don't jump now is mainly because of no AES.

Any news most welcome.

best regards

Kelvin

• 4 weeks later...

Now that we have a date for the launch of P3D v2.0, I was wondering if there is any new information regarding the "VistaMare module situation". It is exactly 3 years (!) since P3D was released and the discovery of the broken module: how long can it take to rewrite that library and it's functions? If you (Oliver or Aerosoft) can't do it yourself, why not hire a specialized coder?

If this isn't fixed soon, I fear AES won't be part of the next-gen platform and I would absolutely hate to see that happen.
P3D is the future, so please don't miss the boat like that other developer *cough* PMDG *cough*...

After 3 years of waiting, I think some information would be nice. :)

Hello,

be vary of the threat, that the new things in P3D v2 might break some backwards compatibility.

Hi,

Well we should know soon what awaits us. P3D v2 set for release this month apparently.

regards

Kelvin

I'm second to this request. Seems like we finally will have fully-working Flight Simulator similar to FS2004 with all new technical improvements such as multi-core support and GPU utilization. AES MUST be a part of this.

• Developer

I have merged the topic.

First: AES is based on the technologie of Vistamare's Intelliscene DLL, which are deep integrated into the graphic engine of the FS9 and FSX. To port this technologie into another SP or a different engine like P3D (even when it based on FSX/ESP) is not as easy as some people here think. It needs a very deep know-how about the engine code of the FS. Maurizo is the only one I know, who has this in deep know-how, but he was not very active in FS developments the last years. But, when P3D V2 is released and stayable in code, we will try to get him back into this and I hope he will take a look to it.

But, there is not realy a alternative way to make animations as detailed as we can do it with Intelliscene code, simconnect give possiblities, but not as accurate as we need it here. Simconnect is not designed to controll object every frame, like we do it at the moment.

Thank you for your explanation, Oliver. I appreciate it.

I always thought AES was hooked into the core simulation engine, not into the graphics engine. With the recent overhaul of the graphics rendering engine in P3D, I can imagine the amount of work needed to rewrite the code.

Have you tried working directly with the development team at Lockheed Martin? They seem to be open to all the highly respected developers in the 3rd-party scene. I'm not saying they should build your proprietary code into the core of the sim, but access to information and pieces of source code can be helpful (Correct me if I'm wrong).

It is in your own interest to embrace the next-gen simulator. Competing with GSX has already been a struggle for AES, due to the recent lack of innovations. I expect a lot of simmers to jump ship from FSX to P3D, because almost everything is backwards compatible. I fear a lot of those people will take the loss of AES as it is and move on to using GSX.

Another recent trend that has developed is the combined use of AES and GSX: GSX for the ground handling services, AES for the animated jetways and superb pushback procedures. In fact, for a lot of people that has been the only reason to continue using AES. Please don't take this as an 'attack' on your product: I have the utmost respect for you but I fear the lack of P3D supoort will be the final nail in the coffin for AES.

Thank you for your explanation, Oliver. I appreciate it.

I always thought AES was hooked into the core simulation engine, not into the graphics engine. With the recent overhaul of the graphics rendering engine in P3D, I can imagine the amount of work needed to rewrite the code.

Have you tried working directly with the development team at Lockheed Martin? They seem to be open to all the highly respected developers in the 3rd-party scene. I'm not saying they should build your proprietary code into the core of the sim, but access to information and pieces of source code can be helpful (Correct me if I'm wrong).

It is in your own interest to embrace the next-gen simulator. Competing with GSX has already been a struggle for AES, due to the recent lack of innovations. I expect a lot of simmers to jump ship from FSX to P3D, because almost everything is backwards compatible. I fear a lot of those people will take the loss of AES as it is and move on to using GSX.

Another recent trend that has developed is the combined use of AES and GSX: GSX for the ground handling services, AES for the animated jetways and superb pushback procedures. In fact, for a lot of people that has been the only reason to continue using AES. Please don't take this as an 'attack' on your product: I have the utmost respect for you but I fear the lack of P3D supoort will be the final nail in the coffin for AES.

Very balanced and well put. I whole heartedly agree.

Kelvin

It is in the best interest of aerosoft to provide AES for the new Prepar sim SOON! A lot of people will change as it is not a dead sim. so Oliver, please contact the italian guy and keep us up-to-date!

thank you

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

after the release of P3D 2.2 I think the P3D platform can be considered as stable...at least that is my impression.

In light of this new version, are there any news concerning AES in P3D?

Thank you for any news!

Archived