CBS Munich "Check failed"

Hi guys,

I bought and downloaded City Bus Sim Munich today. The installation went fine except to error messages towards the end, when installing the registry files (if I remember correctly). Played the game for about 2 hours and then it crashed.

I rebooted the computer and tried to launch the game again and get this message "Check Failed".

The game is registered in the Aerosoft launcher as "Active" so everything seems in order but I always get the same message from now on.

My OS is Win 7.

I am running the game as administrator.

I don't know what more I can do, so any help would be greatly appreciated !

Hi,

could you please try a reinstallation of the Game using this procedure?

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files)

2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product (right click on the setup and select "Run as Administrator")
7) enable the anti-virus software
8) defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD)

Hi Emi, thanks for answering.

I've just done all the steps of the procedure you adviced and the same thing occurs again.

Just before the installation is finished (during the installation of some files named "VisualC...", I get a an error message like this "Install.res????.dll".

However, the game appears to have been installed and I am redirected to the Launcher setup. This procedure runs normal and is completed just fine.

I checked the Aerosoft Launcher afterwards, and the CBSM is listed as "Activated".

I then start the game via the Launcher and get the same error message as before "Check Failed".

I'm no computer wizz and feel way in over my head on this matter, since this time it didn't even work once.

The last time it atleast worked once before it crashed and the "Check Failed" messages started :help_s:

I didn't have the latest version of the launcher. Have downloaded the 1.2.0.0 version now.

For some reason I get an error when I try to update the launcher from within the launcher interface.

Can I just overwrite the old launcher with the new one ?

Or do I have to delete the old one first and then install the latest one ?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions here, I just don't want to mess up anything (Have som FSX addons from Aerosoft installed, and don't want to lose them).

Really appreciate that you're taking the time to help me out.

I have removed the old Launcher and installed the latest installer with adm.rights.

I still get the "Check Failed" error when I try to run the game.

I also get the same "Install.res????.dll". at the end of the installation.

This is starting to get really frustrating. I hope you guys can help me out real soon.

Archived