Amphib - gear down, no forward motion at full throttle.

olderndirt

Perhaps similar to the wheel/ski topic below. The amphib version with gear down. Throttle advancing and virtually no forward motion - are the wheels in this setup also designed to not roll?

• Deputy Sheriffs
Perhaps similar to the wheel/ski topic below. The amphib version with gear down. Throttle advancing and virtually no forward motion
DId you disengage the startlocks by retarding the throttles (pulling back in beta/reverse)?

Tried that - no luck. With both all the way back, the nose lifted off the ground with a noisy scuffing/squeaking sound. No wheel rotation though. Put it in the water, operated normally so back on a runway and "alles in ordnung". You tell me. Might mention your 'invisible' water rudders on both the amphib and float models.

Invisible water rudders only extends in water.

Either the parkingbrake was on or the startlocks where not properly disengaged.

Finn

After that water rudder answer, I hate to even ask about "startlocks". OK, got the 'startlocks' figured out now I'm taxiing IN THE WATER - "Show me the water rudders".

waterrudders.png

Water rudders are "Invisible" on the Twin Otter extended.

In reallife the float /amphibian -300 does not have water rudders. Steering is done by assymetrical power.

Since that doesn´t work well with FSX' poor water physics as well as the fact that not everbody have dual throttles, we added the "invisible" water rudders, which will help maneuvering on water.

Finn

Archived