Custom airport

Hello,

I am wondering if there's any way to build a flight plan to a custom (not included in the NavData Pro) airport?

I need to do some route planning to Antarctic airports with PFPX and don't know how. Please help.

Thanks

Do you mean I need to manually edit the NavData Pro files?

If yes, I cannot make any sense of their contents for PFPX since they appear to be encoded. If something else, please specify.

Thank you.

Yes, sort of. You do not need to actually edit them, but rather create a new file for your airport in the same format as the one Nav Data Pro is in.

I am afraid there is no other way to get your airports in PFPX than creating the airport file for them manually.

Emanuel,

can you please tell me how to create the 'new file for my airport in the same format as the one Nav Data Pro is in"? Sorry I don't get it. NavData Pro is encoded (at least for PFPX)

I believe you can use the Waypoint and Airway editor ( ribbon bar command) Add a User Waypoint. In the Type drop down, select Airport and enter the necessary information

It's sad that PFPX does not support custom runways/aerodromes in full detail. Can I ask the developers to look into adding this option in the next service release?

Archived