Definitive request for AES on windows 8

hi

I'm running windows 8 64bit, have managed to get most things working but have been stung in the past by purchasing a product that doesn't work under windows 8 even when emulating to windows xp.

have downloaded AES to see if this will work but have had no luck, have tried the default EDDN airport to see if this works but get nothing, have uninstalled and followed what little information I can find (which is not definitive in the least and seems to be guesswork)

before I begin to park with hard earned money on credit packs can it please be definitely confirmed that you CAN use AES on windows 8 64bit and clear instructions on how to ensure it works from install. (and how to remove the thing if It doesn't

Regards

Darren

I get no error messages at all, it just doesn't load at all.

i load up fsx admin win xp sp2 compat load aes admin wp sp2 compatable. load up a320 x lufthansa go to eddn gate 11, press ctrl+shift & w and nothing at all,

aes does complain saying load plane my aes config loads get RED disconnected. it then flickers, reloads and does nothing at all

What you have to do is Lets FSX runs as administrator.

Rhenen AES Aldo runs as administrator

Een of you are administrator

So dit u have run AES under Windows 8/8.1 64 bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have done all of the above with no success. it's pretty obvious that i'm not going to get nay help from here because all i get offered is run as administrator.... have tried that until i just don't want to bother any longer. It don't work PERIOD

have done all of the above with no success. it's pretty obvious that i'm not going to get nay help from here because all i get offered is run as administrator.... have tried that until i just don't want to bother any longer. It don't work PERIOD

Also make sure that FSX is completly started and a flight is loaded before running AES Config.

Did you actually follow my advice at all?

i beg your pardon?

please don't treat me like an idiot.

i've tried everything and it STILL DOESN'T WORK. no matter how many times you throw a loose line of run as administrator AES does not work on my PC

i loaded the flight using aerosoft airbus a320x loaded the default airport EDDN gate 11 (in windowed mode, then started AES as administrator, as advised and still no joy at all IT DOESN'T work

hope that makes it clear

• Developer
i loaded the flight using aerosoft airbus a320x loaded the default airport EDDN gate 11 (in windowed mode, then started AES as administrator, as advised and still no joy at all IT DOESN'T work

hope that makes it clear

When you are at the EDDN Airport with the Aerosoft Airbus, did the AES Window open there with Ctrl-Shift-W?

Is the Airport activated for FSX in the airportlist of AESHelp (FSX instead of OFF before the line)?

As long as AES is not running at the airport where you are, AESConfig will not connect.

no nothing happend at all the airport is activated but am not buying any further credits until it works on the default airport am not wasting money on something that is not working on my pc, i've been stung before

• Developer

ok, but change the destination Path for the FSX at the beginning of the install process to something outside Program files, like c:\FSX or D:\FSX,

then you don't have the issues with the UAC protected path anyway.

Archived